Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

NHL Trade Deadline Discussion Thread - Deals, Rumours, and More!

Big day coming up on Monday, for some teams it's the last day they'll be relevant this season (looking at you, Habs!), and with the playoffs push looming expect a number of trades to go down.

What's the buzz? Is your favourite team a buyer, a seller, or sitting back and watching it all unfold?

As a Habs fan, I'm expecting to see either a flurry of activity or almost none. Bergevin is funny that way, always doing the unexpected. In recent years most of the Canadiens' big moves have taken place in the off-season, but you just never know. I half-expect that we'll see one of Petry and/or Tatar moved, along with some of the depth players like Thompson. He's a guy that can help a team with faceoffs and the penalty kill. Rumour mill has it that Bergevin has been spending a fair amount of time in Colorado lately--could something big be brewing?

Also, where possible please refrain from posting any fake deals. I know that in the heat of wanting to be first, sometimes we get too excited and worry less about being right. Look at Kypreos last week predicting the end of Shea Weber's career due to a sprained ankle. LOL

Have fun, post what you'd like to see happen, what you think will happen, and feel free to report the news as it happens.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

can't believe the B's were able to get rid of most of the Backes contract.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I hope the Maple Leafs do something...... anything.

I do think they'll move Tyson Barrie though since he's a rental anyway and he may not be super keen on resigning after the way this season is going lately.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I hope the Maple Leafs do something...... anything.

I do think they'll move Tyson Barrie though since he's a rental anyway and he may not be super keen on resigning after the way this season is going lately.

BREAKING FAKE NEWS: They've signed David Ayres to a 2-year deal. LOL

They were talking about Barrie last night on HNIC, essentially saying he's been a disaster in Toronto and would likely benefit from a change of scenery. Sucks to see, good young player and you don't like to see guys regress. Hopefully if he does get moved he gets a good chance at a fresh restart.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Habs have traded Kovalchuk to the Capitals for a 3rd round pick.

Thank you for the memories!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Habs have traded Kovalchuk to the Capitals for a 3rd round pick.

Thank you for the memories!

I'll miss Kovalchuk. During his short tenure in Montreal, he appeared fired up and had great energy. Chances are, the Habs wouldn't keep him so I'm glad that they were able to receive something for him. For Kovy, I'm glad that he'll have a chance at the postseason ... possibly alongside some of his fellow countrymen.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

I'll miss Kovalchuk. During his short tenure in Montreal, he appeared fired up and had great energy. Chances are, the Habs wouldn't keep him so I'm glad that they were able to receive something for him. For Kovy, I'm glad that he'll have a chance at the postseason ... possibly alongside some of his fellow countrymen.

Playing on a team with chances to win the Stanley Cup will probably motivate him. The presence of Ovechkin will be good for him too I think.
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

its funny but i have heard that the odds of any drafted player not taken in the first 20 picks has about a 20% chance of becoming a regular NHL player. so the Kovy trade for a third rounder ... is that a dump, whats the point of that, Kovy has certainly helped les habs.

SCF Rewards
    Country

its funny but i have heard that the odds of any drafted player not taken in the first 20 picks has about a 20% chance of becoming a regular NHL player. so the Kovy trade for a third rounder ... is that a dump, whats the point of that, Kovy has certainly helped les habs.

Its not a dump ..... Kovy was a UFA at the end of the season. No way hes spending his last few years on a bad team. Get a 3rd or get nothing ..... 20% odds is better than 0%
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Trochek to the 'Canes...... I don't get what Florida is doing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast