Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Kyle Dubas Needs to be Fired!! I'm sure most Leafs fans will agree..

Why the Leafs didn't keep Lou I will never know. I'm sure the Islanders are grateful that we didnt..
    Ok, its common knowledge to everyone what the Leafs problem is & has been for some time now. The Leafs are in desperate need of Defenceman that can actually play defence & we are a soft team, we lack toughness. So what does Dubas do, he trades Mason Marchment, (6'0 plus, 200 lbs plus for Denis Malgin, another diminutive forward who i dont believe was even playing in the NHL at the time. Then, he follows that up by trading Ben Harpur,(6'5 & 200 plus lbs) who, i seen in Preseason is willing to drop the gloves for Miika Salomaki, who i have to be honest i dont know much about.. I also understand that we have Cap issues but thats on Dubas as well. The signing of Nylander, Marner & Tavares did that & we are screwed for years to come. How do you give all the money to 4 or 5 players & expect to put a 20 plus man Roster on the ice that can compete? Another thing that blows my mind is that Shanny knows what it takes to win & he is letting this happen. I dont get it!!
    Last edited by jameslacarte; 02-23-2020 at 05:27 PM.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

In fairness to the Leafs and the Lou situation, he had an agreement that he would be the GM until Dubas was ready, then step aside into a more advisory role, which was agreed upon with Lou when he joined the Leafs. Once that happened, Lou decided he still wanted to be a GM in the NHL and decided to leave. Not much the Leafs can do about that.

But yeah, last night was just sad to watch as a Leafs fan. That's easily the most embarassing game in Leafs history.

We don't deserve a playoff spot after that. Period.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Dergula's Items on eBay

Everyone rags on Nylander despite the fact he has been MORE consistent point producer than the captain or Marner this year. I'd love to see Marner benched for next game. He has been a hazzard on and off the PP this year. I'd love to see some emotion from our "Captain" as well. I think there is a rift in the locker room and it's not good.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Recalling a decade ago Ottawa was witnessing a similar hot and cold performance out of some of it's highest paid players. We later learned that there a few too many snowmen in that locker room. If only they had kept Chara instead.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers
    Instagram:

Malgin has been playing in the NHL all season just was scratched a few times due to his playing. I agree that game was absolutely awful leafs are really missing something here and i think signing marner and nylander to those huge contracts just made things way worse. They built offense in but you cant do that you have to build from goalie to offense. The leafs are going to make a huge trade this trade deadline i feel but have zero clue on what its gonna be. Tavares i feel has been a terrible leader with this team since he was named captain and really needs to yell at his teammates. So does the coach they both are soft the entire team is soft. They need someone to stepup and really get something going through their minds. Babs is a key need rn for them. I feel they could need someone like byfuglien than anyone available. He has shown great offense and grit to his game i feel this would help the leafs desperately to go into the right direction. They are in need of a change NOW. Thats my rant thanks

SCF Rewards
    Country

I agree totally, change is needed Now but we all know they will trade the wrong guys for more wrong guys. Its what we do!! As well as Nylander is playing i think his signing hurt the Leafs the worst. Teams were offering us the defensive pieces we needed then & desperately now for him & we didnt take it. The Tavares signing is a close 2nd. In all fairness to Tavares they took Marner away from him & he has had different line mates all year long but at 10 million per year the excuses get weak fast. Not sure why we got Barrie & Ceci either, 9 million plus in Cap space we could use on guys that play defence, you know, like we so desperately need...

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

I agree totally, change is needed Now but we all know they will trade the wrong guys for more wrong guys. Its what we do!! As well as Nylander is playing i think his signing hurt the Leafs the worst. Teams were offering us the defensive pieces we needed then & desperately now for him & we didnt take it. The Tavares signing is a close 2nd. In all fairness to Tavares they took Marner away from him & he has had different line mates all year long but at 10 million per year the excuses get weak fast. Not sure why we got Barrie & Ceci either, 9 million plus in Cap space we could use on guys that play defence, you know, like we so desperately need...

I disagree with your notion that Nylander's contract is hurting the Leafs. Is he worth the contract? No, no player in the league is worth the money they earn. I've always felt that way. I will always contend that Tavares was a needless signing. Toronto did not need that extra forward and could have used that money to get a few good defensemen.

I agree that Ceci was a confusing acquisition, but I'm fine with Barrie and Kerfoot. At the time of the trade, Barrie posted decent numbers. Unfortunately, his play did not translate to the Leafs. The contracts of Ceci, Barrie, Horton, and Clarkson will come off the books at season's end. They will be fine.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

still in the hunt.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

I disagree with your notion that Nylander's contract is hurting the Leafs. Is he worth the contract? No, no player in the league is worth the money they earn. I've always felt that way. I will always contend that Tavares was a needless signing. Toronto did not need that extra forward and could have used that money to get a few good defensemen.

I agree that Ceci was a confusing acquisition, but I'm fine with Barrie and Kerfoot. At the time of the trade, Barrie posted decent numbers. Unfortunately, his play did not translate to the Leafs. The contracts of Ceci, Barrie, Horton, and Clarkson will come off the books at season's end. They will be fine.

I just have to chime in with an opinion that may be VERY unpopular, but we'll see. Is Nylander worth the money? No. I thought the Leafs should have traded his rights for a defenceman when he was holding out. But that's neither here nor there. I will fight the argument that NO player is worth what they're getting. Of course they are. They're generating revenues that make owners billionaires. I may be a lefty, but I know how capitalism works. And that's a prime example. The market has dictated they are worth that much money. Full stop.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

i have checked ticket prices for various teams around the league (espn hockey scores has these listed - simply go to the next days schedule) there is an incredible difference between markets. so major markets - toronto, montreal new york etc can justify the huge contracts and make millions but some arenas have tickets far cheaper i have seen tickets in the nosebleeds for $14. for tomorrow nights games toronto nosebleeds are over $100. Ottawa is $24. LA is $18. for sundays game columbius, anaheim and florida are $17/$18. i recently saw some in TBay going for $7. my brother-in-law routinely goes to tampa to catch a game for under $50 for tickets/parking/dog & beer for him and his daughter. on the the other end a beer in toronto costs $17 each last time i went 4 years ago.
    so is any player worth the money ? i ask you is going to the game worth the money. then its all good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast