Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: William Nylander

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

William Nylander

i watch the Leafs games on a regular basis.
    and i am forever frustrated with Nylander.

a floater, a peripheral player, never goes near the net and i swear he causes a giveaway on every shift. sometimes twice a shift. i sure dont see $11,000,00. or whatever he gets. and he is abysmal on the powder play. why would any Leaf dump the puck in when he is on the ice. he will never go get it. his attempts at checking are embarrassing. it makes me think of Don Cherry's comments from way back when about Swedish hockey players and a kind of fowl. i admit he is an incredible talent. he can shoot he can skate but he cant play hockey.
    if i was kyle dubious and any team would take him i would dump the chump tomorrow. think of what kind of defense you could buy for $11 million. just think of it. i could name 10 or 12 players but i wont, after cheering for the leafs for 50 years i just cant dream anymore.

SCF Rewards
    Country

He makes $6.9mil

He looks like a bargain compared to the big 3 $10mil + players.

I understand scoring is not everything, but when you're a $7mil + player, thats what youre getting paid to do

Matthews - $11.6 mil - 73 points = $159,000/pt
    Tavares - $11.0 mil - 54 points = $204,000/pt
    Marner - $10.9 mil - 61 points = $179,000/pt
    Nylander - $6.9mil - 54 points = $128,000/pt

Nylander is also even, with only 15 powerplay points ( least of the above 4 ). Looks like hes the most cost effective player points wise, that doesnt need the PP to generate offense.

Compared to other $7ish mil players, this is how Nylander looks:

- Nylander - $6.9mil - 54 points = $128,000/pt

- Kevin Hayes - $7.1 - 35 points = $203,000/pt
    - Kyle Connor - $7.1 - 63 points = $112,000/pt
    - E. Kane - $7.0 - 37 points = $190,000/pt
    - Pavelski - $7.0 - 29 points = $241,000/pt
    - Kessel - $6.8 = 35 points = $194,000/pt
    - Laine - $6.75 - 59 points = $114,000/pt
    - Point - $6.75 - 58 points = $116,000/pt

You could be getting a lot less production from a $7.0 mil player, and hes really closer to the Points / Connors / Laines of the world than the less productive players.

The Leafs also spend about $19mil on their top 6 D. A lot to do is that 2 of their Top 6 are out right now, accounting for $9.5 mil

Compare that to

- Nashville - $18.25mil on Top 8 D

- Dallas - $19.5 mil on Top 8 D

- Pittsburgh - $19.1 mil on Top 7 D

Teams all spending about the same, all healthier ..... and all better

Nylander is not where you should put your frustrations
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

those are all wonderful comparisons, sort of like the analytics - another "stat" that doesnt tell the real story.

and i believe his cap hit is 6.9 mil, he also has a huge signing bonus that wasnt factored into those numbers.

but besides all that, he isnt the type of hockey player that wins games. i know regular season games are important,
    you need to get to the playoffs to have a chance of winning. i dont watch other teams play, mostly just leaf games, but you have to admit he coughs up the puck almost each shift and yes i have counted games where he has had as many giveaways as he has shifts. and giveaways include dumping the puck in when nobody is going after it, passes to nobody, passes back to the point that put another player in a position where they lose the puck. he is awful. in my humble opinion. as a fan of the leafs, not some stat on a piece of paper by some guy who sits around a table not watching the actual game.

SCF Rewards
    Country

So in other words he is exactly the same type of player as his old man who in the end played for eight different NHL teams and countless European teams. Plenty of offensive skill with the puck and not so much without.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I see exactly what you see. He is a big part of the problem, not the solution. I thought they should have traded him when he held out. Teams were offering us some good D-Men for him. I may not have heard all of this correctly but i heard something about Nylander asking for a meeting with Management & coaching staff where he apparently told them he wanted to play with Matthews on the 1st Line.. Since when do players dictate where they play? Isnt that what they hire Coaches for? I think there are more problems with Nylander than just on the ice. I am not a Fan of his whatsoever.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I see exactly what you see. He is a big part of the problem, not the solution. I thought they should have traded him when he held out. Teams were offering us some good D-Men for him. I may not have heard all of this correctly but i heard something about Nylander asking for a meeting with Management & coaching staff where he apparently told them he wanted to play with Matthews on the 1st Line.. Since when do players dictate where they play? Isnt that what they hire Coaches for? I think there are more problems with Nylander than just on the ice. I am not a Fan of his whatsoever.

The Leadership group / higher tier players have a lot of say as to where they play. You think if Matthews said "I want to play with Nylander", or any other player, the head coach wouldnt seriously consider it. What if Marner and Tavares went to the coach and said we think a line with us and player "X" would really work, would he say no and just do his own thing. For sure, coach has final say, but if the stars of the team ask for a certain player on their line, that is kind of an up and down the lineup player, for sure you would think they would get a chance sometime in the near future.

I do still think Toronto could get a very solid D man for Nylander, probably better than they were being offered during the holdout. Hes proven he can score and his cap hit isnt crazy

SCF Rewards
    Country

I also remember Dubas telling Nylander that he wouldnt trade him. How much water that holds a few years later i have no clue but the deadline is now gone & Nylander is still a Leaf. Im sure when next year starts,(yes, i am already looking towards next year) he will be here as well.

SCF Rewards
    Country

those are all wonderful comparisons, sort of like the analytics - another "stat" that doesnt tell the real story.

and i believe his cap hit is 6.9 mil, he also has a huge signing bonus that wasnt factored into those numbers.

but besides all that, he isnt the type of hockey player that wins games. i know regular season games are important,
    you need to get to the playoffs to have a chance of winning. i dont watch other teams play, mostly just leaf games, but you have to admit he coughs up the puck almost each shift and yes i have counted games where he has had as many giveaways as he has shifts. and giveaways include dumping the puck in when nobody is going after it, passes to nobody, passes back to the point that put another player in a position where they lose the puck. he is awful. in my humble opinion. as a fan of the leafs, not some stat on a piece of paper by some guy who sits around a table not watching the actual game.

Marner has almost twice the amount of giveaways (67) as Nylander (37) in 9 fewer games played

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Marner has almost twice the amount of giveaways (67) as Nylander (37) in 9 fewer games played

that stat is ridiculous, i have personally counted nylander with 10 giveaways in a single game. must be his dad counting them.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Lmao!! Father knows best!!

that stat is ridiculous, i have personally counted nylander with 10 giveaways in a single game. must be his dad counting them.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast