Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers
    Upper Deck ePack

Permanent Graded PC Show and Tell

Over the last 2 months I have been blowing up my PC and deciding to work on quality over quantity. I have started to build up my Oilers graded RC PC.

I have a bunch of PSA graded cards which I will add in another post later on.

The next few are pick ups from the last two months:

First off a big thank you to @allonblack for these 3 McDavids (have another one that is sitting at the post office from MNT grading - will post when I pick up):

Next is a pick up from eBay: a Darnell Nurse FWA which I got at a super fair price:

I sold a bunch of cards and have been on the hunt for a McDavid YG and a couple of days ago I worked with a seller on eBay and managed to pick this up within budget:

Finally not an Oilers' Rookie but having sold my Eichel YG I was looking to pick up a nice graded rookie. Found this little gem on COMC (will look great beside my Mcdavid that's incoming from MNT):

That's all for now stay tuned for submission #1 from MNT. Also setting up another submission to MNT soon with a few other Oilers rookies.
    Last edited by oilers90; 02-28-2020 at 07:11 PM.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Great looking cards here, especially the McDavid YG!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers
    Upper Deck ePack

Thanks Aaron!

Had some time this afternoon to stop by my local post office to pick up my MNT package and boy was I ever happy with my results:

Card #1: 2017-18 Ice Superb Scripts 14/15 Kailer Yamamoto:
    Card graded 8.5 not shabby. Love the look of this card so can't complain about the grading.

Card #2: this guy has been on fire as of late....2014-15 SP Authentic Future Watch Auto Leon Draisaitl. Card graded a 9!!!! Was very happy with the grade:

Card #3: I noted earlier that I worked a deal with @allonblack for a couple of McDavids; this is the only one of four that was not graded and decided to send it in. Was I ever happy when I opened up my mail and saw a 9.5 grading. As I also mentioned earlier looks great with my 9.5 Eichel:

Lastly card #4: this is by far my biggest pull in my hobby career. Last year when series 2 came out I decided to stop at my lcs to buy a box and asked the clerk to pick one out for me (I have never had luck with that before). I got home that night and my wife and I began to open packs. My wife began to flip through the cards and low and behold a Carter Hart Clear Cut YG. Over that last little while I had decided to part with it in hopes that it would fetch me a Connor McDavid auto but to my luck noone want to work a deal. I decided to send this guy over to MNT and to my surprise this gem graded a 10!!!!! And is only 0.5 off a perfect 10. Even though I am not a Flyers fan it's safe to say that this guy is staying put in my PC for good. With out further ado I give you a peak:.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Great job here! Nice grade on the Carter Hart YG. I like the look of MNT slabs. Always wanted one for my own collection but we'll see if I ever get another shot to get one.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers
    Upper Deck ePack

Thanks Aaron! I am stocked about how great the MNT slabs. I submitted two cards to PSA back at the expo in November was very turned off by them because it took a very long time to get them back (nothing I can do there), shipping costs were a little high and never submitting cards before I was unaware of the duties that were to come from FedEx months later. I heard about MNT and since they are local I decided to give them a go :) safe to say that they will be my go to in the future.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country

Thanks Aaron! I am stocked about how great the MNT slabs. I submitted two cards to PSA back at the expo in November was very turned off by them because it took a very long time to get them back (nothing I can do there), shipping costs were a little high and never submitting cards before I was unaware of the duties that were to come from FedEx months later. I heard about MNT and since they are local I decided to give them a go :) safe to say that they will be my go to in the future.

Glad to hear it! Looking forward to seeing you post more slabs from them.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You can typically get those duties refunded.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers
    Upper Deck ePack

You can typically get those duties refunded.

oh good to know! i'll look into that

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers
    Upper Deck ePack

Got my MNT submission #2 back in the mail today.

#1: 2014-15 Artifacts Patch/Tag 4/5 Oscar Kelfbom. Worked a deal with our very own @Carkeys:

#2 2014-15 Upper Deck Canvas YG Leon Draisaitl, very happy with the 9.5 grade:

#3: 2018-19 SP Authentic Future Watch Auto Ethan Bear:

#4: 2014-15 OPC Platinum Blur Rainbow #/25 Darnell Nurse (my goal is to have my whole rainbow graded):

#5: 2011-12 SP Authentic Future Watch Auto Ryan Nugent-hopkins:

#6: 2017-18 UD Series 1 Young Guns Acetate Matthew Benning (got this at a wicked price and was super excited when I got it in hand - card is a beaut):

That's it for now. Time to save up to send another submission.
    Last edited by oilers90; 03-25-2020 at 06:06 AM.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country

That YG Acetate is a beauty!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast