Please Note - HOFNFLCARDS will ship to the following countries: US Only

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins Pittsburgh Steelers
    Twitter: @@DBGitlin LinkedIn

1974 Topps Ray Guy Oakland Raiders #219 (The Greatest Punter of All Time)

Link to Auction: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1974-Topps-Ray-Guy-Oakland-Raiders-219-The-Greatest-Punter-of-All-Time/383441895457
    This Ad will be removed when you a member of sportscardforum.com

The Al Davis Era was marked by rebellion and Ray Guy is the perfect representation.

With the 23rd pick in the 1973 draft, The Raiders select Ray Guy, PUNTER.

Ray Guy becomes the greatest punter of all-time, proving that the NFL was playing checkers and Al Davis was playing Portal 2.

He is the Godfather of the Punters are people too movement.
    Last edited by HOFNFLCARDS; 02-29-2020 at 03:15 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Washington Wizards NULL NULL

Interesting topic but then again I’m into punters. I love Ray Guy and he was certainly the best of his era . I do believe Shane Lechler is the best ever though and will become the 2nd punter in the HOF. Currently Hekker is hands down the best and actually ahead of Guy and Hechler statistically at the same point in their careers. I also think that a motivated Marquette King has the potential to be better than all of them. Thanks for showing some love to punters , after all punters are people too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins Pittsburgh Steelers
    Twitter: @@DBGitlin LinkedIn

The Raiders have a quirky history of drafting, that's why experts call their questionable picks the "Raider Unknown" and he was probably one of the best "Raider Unknown" picks ever.

I'd tend to agree with what you said, punters like Hekker are much more specialized with new punts like knuckle balls and boomerangs.

Ray Guys biggest strength was hang-time. His most famous moment was hitting the big screen at the Superdome and they had to raise it higher because of him. Love his story!