Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Which is best to use

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco 49ers Golden State Warriors

Which is best to use

Ok on mini helmets, paint pens or sharpie?? I see a lot of talk about paint pens now but I noticed on some of the autos they had to re go over their signature. I collect 49er autos so some of the alternative helmets what would be best?? Another question I have a Jerry rice autographed helmet coa and his hologram. Should I add other players from when he played like Roger Craig , Montana etc. Or leave it with just his sig??? Thanks

SCF Owner

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sharpie I would think. Just make sure it's dry before touching the auto.

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

Ok on mini helmets, paint pens or sharpie?? I see a lot of talk about paint pens now but I noticed on some of the autos they had to re go over their signature. I collect 49er autos so some of the alternative helmets what would be best?? Another question I have a Jerry rice autographed helmet coa and his hologram. Should I add other players from when he played like Roger Craig , Montana etc. Or leave it with just his sig??? Thanks

On mini helmets, I use paint pens. As long as the pen is well prepped, it should be fine. However, there are the occasional paint pen explosions, but those are rare. There are lots of quality paint pens, ranging in prices. Some prefer Molotow, others use Deco, others use whatever permanent paint pen the local art supply store has (these actually work really well for me).

As for the Jerry Rice autograph, I would leave it as a single autograph, unless you have a specific project in mind (all wide receivers who won the Super Bowl with the 49ers, the full offense of the 1990 49ers, etc,). Players like Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, and Steve Young deserve their own helmets, in my opinion.

Good luck!

-arfmax
    Working on autographed 1987 Topps Baseball set:
    Total Cards in Set:792/Total Autographable: 760 (6 Checklists, 26 Team Leaders)
    Total Autographed:639!
    Currently Sent (Outstanding):44
    Percent Complete:84.1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Los Angeles Dodgers San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @musclebeech See Musclebeech's Items on eBay Instagram:
    Member is PayPal Verified

Sharpie works fine on standard helmets, just ensure its dry before it gets touched.

I agree with the prior post... Jerry Rice is the GOAT and deserves his own helmet. Montana would get his own as well IMO.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

I know its a preference but I have use sharpies on my mini's with no issues just as long as they are fresh pens on not to old or they may skip

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I just wanted to say that individual items are much better than half completed items. The only time I try to complete a team, bat, ball or helmet is when everyone I want is at one event and I am sure I can get to them all or if they are my local team and I will go to enough events to complete. Try for instance picking a Super Bowl team for your helmet and see how many key players that you will have a very hard time adding and see why I would suggest just going with the Rice as a stand alone. Right off the bat knowing that Bill Walsh can never be added would stop me from that project.
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content