Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco 49ers Sacramento Kings San Francisco Giants
    See rdaveigajr85's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Do not understand this logic...

First let me start by saying. I know a seller can ask any price they want for there card. But I do have the right to inform seller of comps when making my offer. But 2 different sellers today hit me with, what the card would be worth if it were graded. Seller 1 was selling Donruss Zion (not optic) for $80. Seller 2 selling Skybox Premium Kobe Bryant RC for $40 Neither were graded. Oh forgot there was a 3rd. This was for a sealed box of 1990 Score Supplemental (Emmitt RC). Wanted 150 because "Emmitt was mint, because it's never been opened"

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Navy
    Cleveland Indians Cleveland Cavaliers Ohio State Buckeyes
    Twitter: @Tribe_Buckeye_Fan See 96berettaz26's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Did you tell the seller "but it's not graded"? I personally don't grade cards, don't care to have them. This logic makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

BTW, on a side note, I have 2 Zion Donruss RC's. If you're interested in purchasing, shoot me an offer.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I like that the hobby has been expanding over the past couple of years (it has really accelerated in the last 12 months) but with that comes a lot of uneducated people who have never been involved in a hobby before. Add in that most people have never sold something before on a place like eBay and you are bound to create more headaches for the advanced collectors.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

When sellers tell me it Mint I ask them if they are willing to back that. If so I might consider there price if not then your not getting Mint prices.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Pistons Atlanta Falcons Detroit Tigers
    See pistonsnut3's Items on eBay

Flat out tell them, "then go get it graded". If they aren't going to spend the price to make it worth more they probably aren't going to make more and if they do it is probably to rip an inexperienced buyer. They have the right to ask what ever they want and the buyer can say yes or no, but it isn't fair to ask a big price when the work isn't done to make it worth more, who cares about the hear say.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco 49ers Sacramento Kings San Francisco Giants
    See rdaveigajr85's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

A lot of people say if you dont like the price dont buy, I most certainly wont buy something if I can bet a better deal some where else. I just feel like the guys that are doing this are trying to take advantage of someone who doesn't know. Like a wife or parent buying for their husband or kids. That isn't really in the hobby and is not aware of the other outlets for buying. I seen aa post on offerup. It was a 1995-96 SP Jordan base. Guy was selling for $100. In the description. He said "worth $300" Just really irritating that we have people like this in the hobby.