Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NBA suspends season

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See joebobjingo's Items on eBay

The momentum going into the playoffs is lost, whenever they decide to push the restart button. The NBA is pretty creative so I'm sure they will come up with some sort of alternative.

Latest news is that summer is the soonest we can possibly expect for the return of games.

My city has been hit by a mass shooting and three COVID-19 cases.

Times are tough.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Latest news is that summer is the soonest we can possibly expect for the return of games.

My city has been hit by a mass shooting and three COVID-19 cases.

Times are tough.

Usually the media would be all over this. Haven't even heard a peep about this.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Usually the media would be all over this. Haven't even heard a peep about this.

It was on the front page of Google for about five minutes.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...field-missouri

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's resounding, and says it all about the corporate media machine. Their influence is far more alarming than the consequences of whatever the latest flu virus is.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ve-coronavirus

Four players for the Brooklyn Nets have now tested positive for COVID-19. Only Kevin Durant has been publicly identified. Durant hasn't played, of course, but he has traveled with the team. Only one player has shown symptoms thus far. The Nets hadn't played either the Jazz or Pistons in recent weeks, so these players didn't catch it from Gobert, Mitchell, or Wood.

SCF Rewards
    Country

We've all had the flu before, it sucks.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'd rather gouge my eyes out than check out anything Google but I always forget you are in Missouri so that would add to the confusion for me. Always thinking OKC with the Thunder. But I still didn't see anything of it. A guy killing a cop usually doesn't register much with the media anyways.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ve-coronavirus

Four players for the Brooklyn Nets have now tested positive for COVID-19. Only Kevin Durant has been publicly identified. Durant hasn't played, of course, but he has traveled with the team. Only one player has shown symptoms thus far. The Nets hadn't played either the Jazz or Pistons in recent weeks, so these players didn't catch it from Gobert, Mitchell, or Wood.

Adds to the growing anecdotal evidence that this flu has been around longer than China has let on. If they were passing this around since November some places (like Italy) may be getting hit with a 2nd or even a 3rd wave of it that would be more deadly. Or they could have gotten it at some airport traveling with the team. Still think "it" has been here longer than they officially say since a bad flu was going around in January and February before the news picked up on it.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The overlap of symptoms with the flu does make things confusing. The concern is that the death percentage so far is statistically higher, particularly among the elderly (children aren't that affected by it). I looked at the death stats yesterday, and it appears it's only among those 50 or older in every documented case thus far.

I've avoided testing even though I'm an immunocompromised person (type 1 diabetes) because I'm only 35. But I will say that I've honestly been sick with the worst cough I've ever had in my life for a full month now and my chest area is stabbing. But my cough is productive, and my symptoms were sudden last month, developing a fever quickly along with a lot of aches, nausea, and significant fatigue. Corona seems to be more gradual with a dry cough, despite some overlap of symptoms with flu. Influenza B hit Springfield quite hard in February, so I think I probably got that instead, and have developed acute bronchitis as a complication. My husband also doesn't think it's corona based on all that. The health system is already overwhelmed, and I don't want to take attention away from the elderly. My blood sugar has been good, so I'm just waiting for this thing to run its course. In the meantime, I've been quarantined for almost a week now since the news started hitting, and haven't even traded any cards since then. No one at the church I go to seems affected, and there are lots of elderly, so that's good news.

But anyway, this whole thing is weird, never lived through anything like this before. I'm sure the NBA players will do fine, but it's the older folks we need to be especially concerned about IMO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12