Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

1990-91 Pro Set Hockey Freak Show

Hello fellow cardboard nerds,
    This Ad will be removed when you a member of sportscardforum.com

Yep - that says Pro Set.

I decided a long time ago, during a particularly hobbled recovery from a very bad ankle injury, that I would always have a collecting project on the go that was completely worthless but very fun. Some of you know that this is where my master set ambitions of the Red Deer Rebels started. Others will know that this is where my Pro Set error and freak show hoard started. I have decided that I need to start canvasing the usual suspects (yall) to see what gems are sitting in your commons bins.

I am interesting in taking a look at the odd and strange cards you may have from 90/91 Pro Set Hockey. I am looking for particularly outrageous examples of miscut, smudged, gibbled, and otherwise impossibly f-ed up cards. My plan is to revise the standard smattering of error checklist sites and have a new one with a more fun theme. Do you have any particularly interesting pro set error cards from the first set? I am interested in taking a look and buying.

I am also looking for a copy of the Gillis bloody nose card... but $100+ is too rich for my blood.
    Always looking for high end Red Deer Rebels Cards and team issued items!

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

i threw them all away during the christmas holliday

SCF Rewards
    Country

Who knew there were good cards in there!! Other than the Hologram i too threw all that junk out many years ago. I had lots of it too!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

9error cards were everywhere in proset and are all worth nothing (except for gillis). They're not that hard to find. Even card #1, ray bourque was an error

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just got out the old beckett price guide. There were 38 errors in series 1 and 4 errors in series 2

Even the LA Kings logo card is an error

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I feel that ProSet was definitely a gateway set for many collectors, whether it was starting or getting back into collecting lol.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Ilya Bryzgalov, Andrei Vasilevskiy,
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

It is a funny think - the specter of ProSet brings out such strong reactions in people. There are those that treat it like a box relics from a distant time where collecting was... not at all like it is today. There are those that wish to kill it with fire. Then there are those that still chip away at the set, hoping to find a copy of the Gillis bloody nose or a Stanley Cup Holo.

*sigh*

Does anyone know of collectors who have lumps of errors - and not just the common errors like the Bourque? I am interested in finding these people to see if I can compare error checklists.

SCF Rewards
    Country

These days proset is a gateway to starting a campfire when its cold outside.

SCF Rewards
    Country

38 errors in series 1.

Maybe it was made in china

SCF Rewards
    Country

i remember when upper deck came out in 1990 there was a Greg Adams error card (Igor Larionv's picture). I had 5 of them and the card shop owner bout them off of me for 2 bucks each, 10 bucks total. I guess he thought that the Greg Adams error card was going to be the next Dale Murphy reverse negative card.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast