Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

SCF Rewards
    Country

You must be an old school collector - most people who are under 35 don’t use the term ‘brick’ to mean 100 copies of the same card.

It is nice to see another collector like me. :-)

Well. I'm almost 40 and actually just got back into the hobby back in 2016 (I stopped collecting around 1996-97).....But back when I was 13-14 I was well known on the card show circuit, and pretty much considered a "dealer" it wasn't uncommon for a card shop to call me and ask if I had specific cards, nor was it uncommon to get calls from collectors via card shop owners looking for certain cards..... So yea, you could say I'm "old school"..... I mean I built a legitimate card business by the time I was 14-years old and it all started with a pack of 1989-90 Topps and a little allowance money and flipping cards - generally "newer cards (at the time" for vintage cards.... Tho I did do more baseball than hockey back then but even back then hockey was my true passion - baseball was just $$$$$ to me...

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

^^^^^

This.

I believe there's a half decent market for PSA 10s, or BGS 9.5s (or better). Likely signed & authenticated (slabbed) too.

Sad truth is.... if you offer up those Sakics for $3 dlvd (i.e. you're not losing money, sending to someone) I can't imagine there will be many people lining up to buy them.

I've got a full set of 89-90 OPC. If anyone wants it: I'll sell for $10, plus the cost of shipping. I believe it's in a binder right now. If you'd like it in a binder + sleeves, I need an extra $10 (which is less than the binder & sleeves would cost you), and shipping would probably be higher. Otherise, I'll take it out of the sleeves, and box it, to ship.

I bet I get no takers :)

You could probably trade it for a barrel of oil. LOL
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

You could probably trade it for a barrel of oil. LOL

You want to make that swap? I'll take a barrel of Oil for it!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

For $10 I would 100% pick up an 89-90 OPC set.... I would shudder to think what the shipping would cost ($30 + maybe?).

We need to meet at a card show some day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Akron Zips Kent State Golden Flashes Tulane Green Wave
    Twitter: @. See .'s Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I hate to revive an old thread, but i went on the baseball card exchanges website

A pack of 1988-89 OPC = $14
    A box of 1989-90 OPC = $45 (48 packs)

I guess 89-90 is junk

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Akron Zips Kent State Golden Flashes Tulane Green Wave
    Twitter: @. See .'s Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Just saw that a box of 87-88 goes for $650

Don't know why you would pay that much for a year that late with really no superstar players.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Philadelphia Eagles Toronto Blue Jays
    See maritimesportscards's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

Just saw that a box of 87-88 goes for $650

Don't know why you would pay that much for a year that late with really no superstar players.

I think 87-88 OPC is full of decent rookies, nothing crazy but if half of those rookies or star cards come out of a box Mint as PSA 9s or 10s there's lots of value there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123