Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Akron Zips Kent State Golden Flashes Tulane Green Wave
    Twitter: @. See .'s Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

You threw away Joe Sakic rookie cards?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Dallas Stars Minnesota Vikings Minnesota Twins
    Twitter: @sportscardsshow See purplemommyof3's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale
    Member is PayPal Verified

many... i still do. I tried to sell them for $0.50 each on here but they never sold..

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @. See .'s Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

you're not trying hard enough

on a side note my neighbor just walked slowly into an ambulance with a mask on looking very weak. I guess the coronavirus is in my neighboorhood.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

you're not trying hard enough

on a side note my neighbor just walked slowly into an ambulance with a mask on looking very weak. I guess the coronavirus is in my neighboorhood.

That's sad :(

For the Sakic RCs, I really enjoyed adding one to my Nordiques collection, it's a must have, but I don't need 10. I'm excited, I have Peter and Marian Stastny rookies incoming :)
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

many... i still do. I tried to sell them for $0.50 each on here but they never sold..

^^^^^

This.

I believe there's a half decent market for PSA 10s, or BGS 9.5s (or better). Likely signed & authenticated (slabbed) too.

Sad truth is.... if you offer up those Sakics for $3 dlvd (i.e. you're not losing money, sending to someone) I can't imagine there will be many people lining up to buy them.

I've got a full set of 89-90 OPC. If anyone wants it: I'll sell for $10, plus the cost of shipping. I believe it's in a binder right now. If you'd like it in a binder + sleeves, I need an extra $10 (which is less than the binder & sleeves would cost you), and shipping would probably be higher. Otherise, I'll take it out of the sleeves, and box it, to ship.

I bet I get no takers :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

binders.........yuck

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See fifthcup90's Items on eBay

I am way in the minority, but I love the Topps/OPC sets through 92/93. As you might guess, I'm not a dealer and don't collect as an investment. I understand those who come at it from a financial standpoint probably see 89/90 as junk, but I see it as the last set of a great decade of hockey sets.
    I collect: Kurri, '70s Kelloggs and Topps hockey(also OPC), football, and baseball cards, vintage stars and World Series subset cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Perhaps a better way of looking at 89-90, rather than the first of the junk wax era, is to see it as the last of the classic 80's era. Sure, there were wax packs after (and cello before with some mid 80's topps issues) and the 89-90 print run was off the charts (so much so that 10,000 uncut sheets were cut up for the Gretzky/Fleury card and stamped) but I would not consider it a part of the true junk wax era.

Here is the acid test for this: if you saw a pack of XYZ year in a dollar bin, would you consider buying it? I would for 89-90 OPC/Topps, 90-91 OPC Premier, 90-91 UD Series II French.... but that is it untill about 96-97.

When did the junk wax era end? We could agree that the 90-91 through 92-93 era was set in this, but what about 94-95 to about 96-97? I would say that the major part of the junk wax era ended with the auto a pack issued from BAP (or about then for at least some issues). Some would even say that for select sets (Victory, Score, OPC/Topps, Powerplay, Compendium, MVP, MVP SCE, etc) that the junk wax era continues to this day.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I agree with the above post^^^

89-90 Topps/OPC was the end of a classic era... And there are some pretty good rookies and cards in general in that set: Sakic, Leech, Fleury (OPC only) and Linden of course some lesser known rookies like Craig Janney, Cliff Ronning, Tony Granato etc..... But lets not forget Hull, Gretzky, Roy, Lemieux etc....

I'm not going to lie - I enjoy breaking boxes of 89-90 Topps...

On a side note I did buy a half a brick of Brian Leech rookies, lol 50 of them, probably more now after breaking half a case....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

You must be an old school collector - most people who are under 35 don’t use the term ‘brick’ to mean 100 copies of the same card.

It is nice to see another collector like me. :-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast