Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Top 5 hockey movies to watch while at home during coronavirus pandemic

Most of us aren't going anywhere for a while and it still might be a long time until there's live hockey on TV. That doesn't mean we have to let coronavirus stop us from enjoying the sport.

There haven't been a ton of hockey movies throughout film history, but there's been enough good ones to span out over several decades. Let's take a look at our top five hockey movies of all time to help keep you preoccupied and enertained at home:

5. The Russian Five
    This Ad will be removed when you a member of sportscardforum.com

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bl...ies-watch-home
    Great Prices on soft sleeves and top loaders!

Standard Soft sleeves .75 each , Thick Soft Sleeves $1 each, Top Loaders 60 point $2.75 each, Top Loaders 100 point $4, Top Loaders 140 points $2.50 each, Top Loaders 190 point $1.75 each, Top Loaders 240 point $2 each. Prices do not include shipping!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings

That Russian Five "movie" was very interesting to watch how they got the Russians out. Especially being a life-long Red Wings fan.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

back in the early 70's there was a movie out called

Winter comes early.

it depicted a rookie for the leafs that broke in during the fighting era included tons of bench clearing brawls, even a little drugs and hot blonde. the player wore number 18 for the leafs and in the actual footage was jim dorey. it also had derek sanderson, paul henderson and george armstrong in minor rolls.

what was special for me was that the blonde costar (Trudy Young) was a cousin of a friend and we got to meet her at his place.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I would be happy to watch Slap Shot for the 3,897th time. Love it :)

Anyone ever watch "Idol of the Crowds" ??? It's a 1937 John Wayne film, where he plays a hockey player. I know it exists.... but I've never seen it. Worth checking out?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

That Russian Five "movie" was very interesting to watch how they got the Russians out. Especially being a life-long Red Wings fan.

Loved that as well. Wish it would have more a even spread if the Russians. Of course I will take what I can get of anything Redeings.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I would be happy to watch Slap Shot for the 3,897th time. Love it :)

Anyone ever watch "Idol of the Crowds" ??? It's a 1937 John Wayne film, where he plays a hockey player. I know it exists.... but I've never seen it. Worth checking out?

Ditto!

Don

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

back in the early 70's there was a movie out called

Winter comes early.

it depicted a rookie for the leafs that broke in during the fighting era included tons of bench clearing brawls, even a little drugs and hot blonde. the player wore number 18 for the leafs and in the actual footage was jim dorey. it also had derek sanderson, paul henderson and george armstrong in minor rolls.

what was special for me was that the blonde costar (Trudy Young) was a cousin of a friend and we got to meet her at his place.

That is cool memory.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Venom-86's Items on eBay

Even though the game stuff (especially the fight scenes) are horribly inaccurate as to what really happens, I have to lobby for Youngblood.

You've Eric Nesterennko, Peter Zezel, and...best of all... Cynthia Gibb!
    Search Results

Web resu

Hidden Content
    Collecting: Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (83.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (25% complete)...and to a lesser extent...Hidden Content (59% complete) / Hidden Content (42% complete) / Brian Propp (51% complete)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Even though the game stuff (especially the fight scenes) are horribly inaccurate as to what really happens, I have to lobby for Youngblood.

You've Eric Nesterennko, Peter Zezel, and...best of all... Cynthia Gibb!
    Search Results

Web resu

She has definitely played in a lot more movies and roles looking back at it. My memory recall is getting terrible lol.
    Don