Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Too Good To Be True

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

Oh I would say that is definitely legit. Seller has a lot of feedback. SPGU focuses on GU so there are a lot of nice patches. Also he has single coloured jerseys from Showcase but different colours of the same player he is selling in lots. He either is selling his collection, purchased a collection or simply could be consignment.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Was a little hesitant to post a link. I didn;t want to shade the guy if it wasn't warranted.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/bester82/m....1&_ipg=&_from=

In this case I don't think you did anything wrong. As a collector you should have concerns about the sale of fake patches in the marketplace. As I have said already, these all look legit and the seller appears to be selling a collection, either his or someone else's.

As someone who chases SPGU Supreme cards, I want sellers to know that their cards are being scrutinized by thousands of collectors.

Thanks for posting this. Good luck in your bidding!

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Was a little hesitant to post a link. I didn;t want to shade the guy if it wasn't warranted.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/bester82/m....1&_ipg=&_from=

In my opinion, they're fine. That just looks like a nice PC that's being sold off. Most of them are SPGU, from when UD used to use nice game used patches on most of the patch cards in that set.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Thanks guys, definitely makes me feel more at ease. Will enter my bid today!
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (88.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (45% complete)...and to a lesser extent...Hidden Content (65% complete) / Hidden Content (48% complete) / Brian Propp (70% complete)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Nothing out of the norm here. I won a number of his auctions a few weeks ago. Very good seller, ships fast.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I am always a skeptic when I see things like that, though I try not to be.

SCF Rewards
    Country

What am I to think when an eBay seller has over 200 UD patch cards for sale and every single one is 3 or 4 color "sick" patch? Guess it could be legit, but I am not feeling good about making the buy. I see many single color patches from the same sets. Hard to believe one guy amassed all these multi-colored ones.

Many collectors obsessively collect certain cards/inserts etc Maybe this dude was into patches?....... For example I have (31) 14-15 SPGU Patrick Kane base cards xx/88 - nearly 1/3rd, and I search ebay daily for that exact card (and any SPGU base card) and other "lots" and singles I can get at a good price....

If it matters, I have bought 50-60 card lots of patches and jersey cards - so it's not that unusual to find an ebay seller selling a large lot of patches...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the heads up, I won almost 50 auctions from this guy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12