Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Oakland Raiders Toronto Blue Jays
    See barkingtreespider's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale
    Send PayPal to jayeh1969 Member is PayPal Verified

Most of my mail comes from the Gateway plant in Mississauga. Somebody must of kicked butt last night because I received 15 parcels today. Anybody else?

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Most of my mail comes from the Gateway plant in Mississauga. Somebody must of kicked butt last night because I received 15 parcels today. Anybody else?

Nothing for me today.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

There was a major Covid outbreak at Gateway which had them shut down for a week. There are over 200 trailers waiting to be sorted. This would explain a lot of Ontario's problems anyway.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Notre Dame Fighting Irish San Francisco Giants
    COMC Cards For Sale

I think I'm waiting on 7 purchases from here to arrive and 6 ebay wins. All cards. I picked a weird time to start collecting again, but I get it.
    always looking for
    John Gibson
    jamie drysdale
    Devon levi
    Yarasov askarov

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Tampa Bay Lightning Pittsburgh Penguins

Most of my mailings in Canada lately have been close to on time, but anything sent across the border seems to be delayed significantly, both incoming and outgoing.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I ordered some cards off ebay 3/26, 4/2, 4/3 and these have not showed up. They were shipped Canada Post to the US. Are delays like this normal or should I assume they are lost. Does shipping from certain parts of Canada just take a really long time?

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I ordered some cards off ebay 3/26, 4/2, 4/3 and these have not showed up. They were shipped Canada Post to the US. Are delays like this normal or should I assume they are lost. Does shipping from certain parts of Canada just take a really long time?

I would assume they're just delayed. Everything is slow now. Both postal systems (Canada Post, USPS) are dealing with Christmas-like volumes, but instead of for a few weeks in December with extra staff, they're dealing with it for months now... with limited staff.

One of the major sorting facilities in South Western Ontario is in Mississauga was shut down for a time, due to an outbreak there. I think this happened to at least one sorting facility out west as well, and there's probably been others I just haven't heard of.

Then the border is an entire different issue. I'm betting there are fewer customs agents processing things, so the flow from one side of the boarder is both busier than normal, and has less staff working on it.

I mean, late March / early April: I would have expected those cards to arrive by now, but they haven't. If it was one package that went missing, maybe the problem is something else.... but three? It's just things being slow.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would assume they're just delayed. Everything is slow now. Both postal systems (Canada Post, USPS) are dealing with Christmas-like volumes, but instead of for a few weeks in December with extra staff, they're dealing with it for months now... with limited staff.

One of the major sorting facilities in South Western Ontario is in Mississauga was shut down for a time, due to an outbreak there. I think this happened to at least one sorting facility out west as well, and there's probably been others I just haven't heard of.

Then the border is an entire different issue. I'm betting there are fewer customs agents processing things, so the flow from one side of the boarder is both busier than normal, and has less staff working on it.

I mean, late March / early April: I would have expected those cards to arrive by now, but they haven't. If it was one package that went missing, maybe the problem is something else.... but three? It's just things being slow.

I agree. I've had packages arrive here (Toronto) from California before packages arrive from inside Canada or northern states like NY or Michigan. There's no rational way to expect anything from the Postal services because of the short staffed sorting/border situation. Hopefully you get it soon.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I agree. I've had packages arrive here (Toronto) from California before packages arrive from inside Canada or northern states like NY or Michigan. There's no rational way to expect anything from the Postal services because of the short staffed sorting/border situation. Hopefully you get it soon.

Yeah it's all over the board.

Had two packages from same place in Ontario - sent 4/29 and 5/6. I got the 5/6 on Wed and today I got the 4/29....

As well I ordered a couple things off eBay from Canada same day and one took 2.5 weeks to get here and the other a little over a month.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Did not receive the full stimulus package they had applied for.

USPS got NO stimulus funding. President Trump said if there was $$ for USPS he would veto the bill. Trump has been trying to dismantle USPS partly because of his feud with Amazon CEO Bezos and partly so he can sell it off to the highest bidder.

New stimulus bill passed US House today that includes USPS stimulus. Senator McConnell says he will kill the bill and Trump says it will be dead on arrival if it somehow passes the Senate.

Sadly, total of 54 USPS workers have died from COVID
    Last edited by Drewk86a; 05-16-2020 at 05:26 AM.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (88.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (45% complete)...and to a lesser extent...Hidden Content (65% complete) / Hidden Content (48% complete) / Brian Propp (70% complete)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast