Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kdmm0's Items on eBay

Post office closing????

I heard as of midnight tomorrow they will be closing. Anyone else hear anything? I have a buddy who’s wife is pretty high up.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I heard as of midnight tomorrow they will be closing. Anyone else hear anything? I have a buddy who’s wife is pretty high up.

No clue, we'll have to see.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

looks like your friends wife is correct. I just came from there & they told me they were not accepting any packages today

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

looks like your friends wife is correct. I just came from there & they told me they were not accepting any packages today

Wow, that's pretty crazy.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Officially at this point: https://globalnews.ca/news/6720426/c...-post-seniors/

Canada Post announced Monday that it’s making some changes amid the coronavirus pandemic.
    Post offices across the nation are reducing hours — opening an hour later and closing an hour early — so that staff can do a thorough clean and re-stock.

The first hour of each day will be dedicated to seniors and those with compromised immune systems.
    Some offices may shut because of overall building closures, and smaller offices may need to limit the number of people inside at one time.

----

As with anything, this could very easily change in a day or two.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (75) Hobby Insider
    Country

My Post Office is at the Shoppers Drug Mart, so it will be open for sure.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

My Post Office is at the Shoppers Drug Mart, so it will be open for sure.

Mine too, however I wonder if it will be open or if Shoppers will close it in an attempt to reduce the number of people in the store.

Like everything else at the moment, we’ll have to take a wait and see approach.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I would imagine the post office (Canada Post, in general) will remain open for as long as possible. There are an awful lot of goods that move around in this country via CP. Heck.... with all the unpaid bills that are going to happen, need some way to contact people :)

I'll be really surprised if they drop mail delivery - though if we'd done the smart thing and ditched home delivery years ago (gone to superboxes, like they started to, until the outrage) there would be next to zero risk for the mail carriers to interact with customers - just other staff.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Oakland Raiders Toronto Blue Jays
    See barkingtreespider's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale
    Send PayPal to jayeh1969 Member is PayPal Verified

Mine (Haliburton), changed its hours today but if your connection is right, oh well. No trades for a while.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 111sold's Items on eBay

I mailed today no problem. The lady never mentioned anything about closing. It was a Shoppers Drug Mart as well.

I also talked to a guy who has been with the Post Office for 30 plus years. He said they are not going anywhere. They would be the last Essential Service to probably close if it really did happen.

He did mention one distribution center in far eastern Canada not sure which Province. Staff of about 250 people. One tested positive. Place was closed and is being cleaned and then reopened in a day or so he figured.

He also had said the hours were going to be cut back and that was a couple of weeks ago.

Right now they are as busy as ever. no end or slowdown in sight for mail, online purchases (Amazon) etc.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast