Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    See aaron417's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Good luck with those Morgan Frost redemptions.

Screenshot_20200331-075130_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200331-083931_Facebook.jpg

Stole this from a facebook group, apparently this company cleans out abandoned homes, rentals, and foreclosures ect.

Guess he was cleaning out the garage of the rental that Morgan Frost was in and came across a bunch of unsigned cards from upperdeck.

Hate seeing things like this but, it was mentioned in the thread that upperdeck was aware and the guy has pulled this post from his page.
    Last edited by apod417; 03-31-2020 at 09:44 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

This likely won't be the only example as the players had their seasons ended rather abruptly and were probably limited in what they could take home with them. However, I don't believe this changes the fact that those cards are still Upper Deck property and it could result in some of the popular later release products being cancelled.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

The thing that made me most mad, was that he posted this as a big win instead of getting in contact with UD. With the various scandals around fake signatures, people signing for the player, etc and the big dislike for redemptions, you'd think someone who was big into the hobby would do their best to get them back to UD, not to brag about how rare of a find it is.

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @Attackfan74

Bobby Ryan NON 1/1 PC 1280/1339 95.6%
    Aidan Dudas NON 1/1 PC 47/47 100%!!!!!
    Nick Suzuki PC 152 cards
    Wayne Gretzky PC 1593 cards
    Wade Boggs PC 359 cards
    Tony Gwynn PC 187 cards
    Derek Jeter PC 90 cards

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I think it should be returned to Upper Deck so they can send it to Frost in order to get it signed.

Though maybe UD could reprint some cards for him to sign with a new photo so it distinguishes them from these versions, which may/may not end up on the secondary market eventually...
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @Attackfan74

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Wild times. Thanks for sharing this story - goes to show how easy it is for players to ditch their cards and how things aren't a priority for them.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

thanks for sharing.

I wonder what the law says. As one person mentions would it still be the property of UD as they were to be signed by the player for upcoming releases. Player just throwing them in the trash and not sending them to the company seems like a breach of contract on his end but not sure of the legal ramifications on that.. Wonder what the UD and NHLPA contract says at this point. The collector now holding the cards also is in a dilemma of what is the right thing to do. Granted he has them in his possession and that might be enough but wonder what he would say if the script was flipped.

I assume being this is a large rental and the guy cleaning trash for the rental agency or owner has a rules on property when moving out. If not there a whole another ball of wax as far as the law goes on how to handle tenants property. As I am sure there is not much in the contract if a pademic hits what is the rental responsibility to do with the person belongings. As here each state law is different and I am sure it different as well. Would be nice to know further for a better idea of what might transpire.

In the end sorry to hear for UD and their collectors losing out on another redemption. Now we know why they have a hard time filling 100 percent redemptions because of stuff like this happens and it the last thing on the players mind to fulfill.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country

Definitely still UD's property. They paid to create it, they pay the NHLPA to have players sign it, and they pay to release the product.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Definitely still UD's property. They paid to create it, they pay the NHLPA to have players sign it, and they pay to release the product.

Jesse,
    I am not sure there so much grey area in the law one could probably find a loophole. I mean kind of like adverse possession where a trespasser gains rights of a property that is not theirs. Funny how something like that can happen. That stupid saying possession is 9/10 of the law unless their is theft which in this case there is not. As the person cleaning up the rental probably wold have access to the place to clean it and only found the stuff when they searched thru the trash. So is it truly UD property still I am not 100 percent sure as weird laws vary from state to state, province to province, country to country. I would love to know more of what law could be applied etc in legal terms.

DON

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast