Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

creasecollector - i don't know you (like..personally) but i must say that you seem like an awesome person - and definitely an awesome member of the hobby community.

I've seen your interactions over the years on places like here, reddit, CNC and they are always such a good example of a person enjoying something he loves and sharing in that with a community - don't change!!

Dude..... thank you SO much :) I seriously enjoyed this comment more than you know. I really, really appreciate this.

I don't have the fanciest collection in the world, I'll leave those to the big boys in this hobby with those jaw-dropping mail days of theirs. I am also not a known traders who's going to knock it out of the park with 250+ Trades a year.

However, I do love this hobby and try to bring that authentic enthusiasm whenever I interact with people, especially online on forums and such. I find there is a ton of negativity online wherever you go, so bringing as much positivity as I can to try and change that is my goal, but also have fun along the way.

More specifically, as far as this new idea goes on my blog, I just wanted to showcase other people's dedication to their hockey card collection so they can have their own platform to shine. I always thought a spotlight feature about someone's collection was mad cool, so I wanted to mimic that on my blog as closely as I can.

I remember when I was first joining these hobby forums back in the day (CloutsNChara Forums - RIP) and how I wanted some (any) recognition about my collection - I remember hearing about our SCF Super Collector HOF back in 2011 and I thought it was the coolest thing on the planet. Now, I know it's not about recognition, but I was a teenager (Now I'm 27) and I thought it was cool. It still IS cool, but now my focus is a little more matured, so to speak.

Anyways, I am glad you like what I do. I enjoy it just as much, trust me.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Posted up the 3rd segment today!

Al's Jarome Iginla Super Collection! Check it out below:

https://creasecollector.weebly.com/b...per-collection

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country

My newest collector featured on the blog is none other than SCF's very own @leafer70 !

Check it out by clicking the link below:

Collector's Corner #6: Collector's Hometown Pride Sparks Maple Leafs Collection (Borje Salming)

Last edited by creasecollector; 04-21-2020 at 09:24 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See scotforti's Items on eBay

When i follow the link it goes to an entry about some new enroth cards you snagged - rather than the leafer profile

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hey, I'm totally in.... I would love to discuss my collection, how I started collecting and how why I got back into collecting after a 20 year hiatus.. I would love to talk about "forgotten" goalies and players that got little attention but were pretty good or players that were great but just forgotten over time or players that were just interesting in general or had interesting careers.

Because every one of those little pieces of card board has a story behind it and is a piece of history within itself.... I mean I can spend hours on wikipedia going down a rabbit hole just reading about random players and a lot of their stories/careers which are profoundly interesting... And I collect certain players - that weren't necessarily known for their production on ice but were just interesting people so I have a lot of knowledge about hockey players that played in the 60's, 70's, 80's and early 90's and their hockey cards...

I mean I could actually open a pack of 1989-90 Topps/OPC for example and tell you all about every player that came out of that pack. What kind of player they were, what teams they played for, what their prime was and interesting facts about that player...And actually I picked 89-90 Topps for a reason, because a couple months ago I opened a box of 89-90 Topps and for some reason the packs had similar card sequences, and for some reason after every Clint Malarchuk was a Steve Tuttle, so I found that profoundly bizarre given the "incident" that almost cost Malarchuk his life. BTW, Malarchuk was a pretty damn good goalie - highly underrated .

Also, why did Buffalo have so many players who's name ended in "chuk" lol? Malarchuk, Hawerchuk, Andreychuk - has anyone else noticed that?.. I wonder if Hawerchuk ever scored a goal assisted by Andreychuck and Malarchuk, or vice versa? lol

But back to the idea/topic - I've been thinking about and was intending on doing (and perhaps still am) going to start a youtube channel or podcast with this very premise for quite some time, where other hockey card collectors and myself discuss collections, certain cards, certain sets and obscure obscure players.. I mean there are an endless amount of topics that can be discussed and ideas when it comes to hockey, hockey players and cards, and I think true collectors and hockey fans would find a channel and platform like that very interesting and entertaining..

So yea 'creasecollector' I would absolutely love to do a Q & A about my collection, why I collect, who my favorite players are that "got lost in time" and anything or everything related to hockey and hockey cards. I would love the be part of your project, and even write for your blog.... I would be more focused on talking/writing about long retired players rather than modern players... I mean I would rather talk/write about Roberto Romono, Jon Casey or Murray Bannerman than Carey Price or John Gibson etc...

Besides, some of my posts are so long they're essentially "blog posts" lol... On occasion I get the "geez how long did it take you to write that", and I'm like "IDK, I just like to write about hockey and hockey cards and be as through as possible and include any and all objective information I have on the topic and add my opinion if it's an objective topic.

So yea 'creasecollector' I love the concept, I love the blog and would love to be part of it. So please - shoot me a PM so we can discuss this more.

- Nick

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country

When i follow the link it goes to an entry about some new enroth cards you snagged - rather than the leafer profile

Whoops! My bad! I have now fixed that link. :) Here you go:

https://creasecollector.weebly.com/b...afs-collection

Hey, I'm totally in.... I would love to discuss my collection, how I started collecting and how why I got back into collecting after a 20 year hiatus.. I would love to talk about "forgotten" goalies and players that got little attention but were pretty good or players that were great but just forgotten over time or players that were just interesting in general or had interesting careers.

Because every one of those little pieces of card board has a story behind it and is a piece of history within itself.... I mean I can spend hours on wikipedia going down a rabbit hole just reading about random players and a lot of their stories/careers which are profoundly interesting... And I collect certain players - that weren't necessarily known for their production on ice but were just interesting people so I have a lot of knowledge about hockey players that played in the 60's, 70's, 80's and early 90's and their hockey cards...

I mean I could actually open a pack of 1989-90 Topps/OPC for example and tell you all about every player that came out of that pack. What kind of player they were, what teams they played for, what their prime was and interesting facts about that player...And actually I picked 89-90 Topps for a reason, because a couple months ago I opened a box of 89-90 Topps and for some reason the packs had similar card sequences, and for some reason after every Clint Malarchuk was a Steve Tuttle, so I found that profoundly bizarre given the "incident" that almost cost Malarchuk his life. BTW, Malarchuk was a pretty damn good goalie - highly underrated .

Also, why did Buffalo have so many players who's name ended in "chuk" lol? Malarchuk, Hawerchuk, Andreychuk - has anyone else noticed that?.. I wonder if Hawerchuk ever scored a goal assisted by Andreychuck and Malarchuk, or vice versa? lol

But back to the idea/topic - I've been thinking about and was intending on doing (and perhaps still am) going to start a youtube channel or podcast with this very premise for quite some time, where other hockey card collectors and myself discuss collections, certain cards, certain sets and obscure obscure players.. I mean there are an endless amount of topics that can be discussed and ideas when it comes to hockey, hockey players and cards, and I think true collectors and hockey fans would find a channel and platform like that very interesting and entertaining..

So yea 'creasecollector' I would absolutely love to do a Q & A about my collection, why I collect, who my favorite players are that "got lost in time" and anything or everything related to hockey and hockey cards. I would love the be part of your project, and even write for your blog.... I would be more focused on talking/writing about long retired players rather than modern players... I mean I would rather talk/write about Roberto Romono, Jon Casey or Murray Bannerman than Carey Price or John Gibson etc...

Besides, some of my posts are so long they're essentially "blog posts" lol... On occasion I get the "geez how long did it take you to write that", and I'm like "IDK, I just like to write about hockey and hockey cards and be as through as possible and include any and all objective information I have on the topic and add my opinion if it's an objective topic.

So yea 'creasecollector' I love the concept, I love the blog and would love to be part of it. So please - shoot me a PM so we can discuss this more.

- Nick

Hey Nick, love your enthusiasm. I can really sense your passion for this sport and hobby.

Right now though I'd like to keep this blog with just my own contributions mainly, but if i decide to bring on any hobby writers to write about anything else, you'll be on my mind for that project for sure. Thank you for speaking up and for the offer.

If you want me to feature you if you want to talk about one of your collections or two, I'd be happy to feature your voice like I'll be doing for a few collector's as well.

I'll send you a PM shortly. Thanks for your interest in my blog! I really, really appreciate it.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country

Thanks guys! Collectors Corner # 7 is now up on the blog! Enjoy the newest instalment!

Collectors Corner: Local Ties Spark Trevor Linden Hockey Card Collection

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country

Collectors Corner number #8 is up on the blog! Really enjoying the feedback from everyone so far and the amount of collectors who want to be featured.

Collectors Corner: Derrick's Super Collections of Lee Stempniak & Cal Clutterbuck

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country

Collectors Corner #9 is now Live on the blog! Featuring one of SCF's very own members!

Collectors Corner #9: Small Town Connection Inspires Nathan Horton Collection

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country

The latest Collectors Corner collection showcase is up on the blog! I featured a very predominant Pavel Bure collector.

If anyone wants their Player/Team/Set/Totally Awesome collection featured, send me a PM. More featured collections coming soon! I have lots of people wanting to be featured so please be patient. Thank you :)

Collectors Corner #10: The Russian Rocket

Last edited by creasecollector; 05-12-2020 at 07:26 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast