Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post Former New Orleans legend Tom Dempsey dies at age 73

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ment-home.html

Retired NFL kicker Tom Dempsey has died age 73 after coronavirus spread through his New Orleans retirement home, killing 15 people.

Dempsey, who broke records with a 63-yard field goal he made for the New Orleans Saints in 1970, died Saturday, according to his family.

The NFL legend started with the Saints in 1969, and went on to play for the Eagles, Rams, Oilers and Bills.

At least 15 residents of Lambeth House retirement home, including Dempsey, have died of the illness, reports the Times-Picayune.

Dempsey tested positive for the deadly virus, also known as COVID-19, on March 25, his daughter Ashley said.

Her father, who had been battling Alzheimer's disease and dementia, was born with no toes on his right foot and without fingers on his right hand, and wore a specially made shoe during his career with the NFL.

Defying all odds, Dempsey broke the previous field goal record by seven yards on November 8, 1970, helping the Saints beat the Detroit Lions 19-7.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bears TCU Horned Frogs

Aww man. I remember having one of many football conversations with my dad when I was very young about Tom Dempsey.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Oklahoma City Thunder Los Angeles Dodgers
    See 22chrisbrown29's Items on eBay

I saw this yesterday.

I can't remember if I actually remember seeing him kick his famous FG (I was 6 years old), or if I am just remembering from seeing replays over the years (I used to watch FB with my stepdad when I was a little kid...and it overjoyed him that he has a daughter who was interested in football lol! At any rate, this was sad to read, but I love the memories of old school football!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I remember watching him kick that amazing FG and it was amazing because it broke the previous FG record by 7 yards. RIP brother and prayer for his family! Thanks for sharing this article!

Bake
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content