Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

1997-98 Pinnacle Inside - Was the Certified Souvenir ever pulled?

On the can, it states the odds of the inserts:

Coaches Collection (90 Cards) 1:7 packs
    Executive Collection (90 Cards) 1:57 packs
    Stoppers (24 Cards) 1:7 packs
    This Ad will be removed when you a member of sportscardforum.com

Inside Track (30 Cards) 1:19 packs
    Certified Souvenir (1 card) 1:64,800 packs.

SCF Rewards
    Country

those were quite collectable tins right?

probably hidden in opened gems..
    PC: Canucks, Ovy, Sid, Stamkos, Kuz

Hidden Content - Hidden Content )

Hidden Content

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

On the can, it states the odds of the inserts:

Coaches Collection (90 Cards) 1:7 packs
    Executive Collection (90 Cards) 1:57 packs
    Stoppers (24 Cards) 1:7 packs
    Inside Track (30 Cards) 1:19 packs
    Certified Souvenir (1 card) 1:64,800 packs.

I never seen one heck I didn't even know you could get press plates in them but according to this you can:

You also have a shot at a Press Plate (from this set) and a Certified Souvenir. The Press Plates still do nicely with a Brendan Shanahan recently going over $200. As for the Certified Souvenirs, I’m curious what those are (they were offered in various Pinnacle sports sets that year).

If you find one lmk would love to see what it is.

DON
    Great Prices on soft sleeves and top loaders!

Standard Soft sleeves .75 each or (5 for $3), Thick Soft Sleeves $1 each or (5 for $4), Top Loaders 60 point $2.75 each (3 for $8), Top Loaders 100 point $4, Top Loaders 140 points $2.50 each or (3 for $7) Top Loaders 190 point $1.75 each or (3 for $5), Top Loaders 240 point $2 each or (6 for $10). Prices do not include shipping!!

Check out Truebluecustoms on Instagram!!
    Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I tried googling it. Seems like they were inserted into most (all?) Pinnacle products that year. 1 in Inside... Certified had a couple, etc.

I have no idea what they were.

SCF Rewards
    Country

A seller on ebay that has unopened cans for sale says the Certified Souvenir may have been a redemption card that would be expired by now. Don't know how true that is as that is the only thing I could find about the single card.

If there's only one card and the odds are 1:64,800 packs, does that mean there are only 64,800 packs total?

It doesn't seem right if that is the case. For the Executive Collection inserts, there are 90 cards with odds of 1:57 packs. That would be about 12 Execuive Collection of each card (64,800 ÷ 57 ÷ 90). With how low they sell for, it seems like there are a lot more than that of each one.

Just for the lockdown boredom of it, let's assume there were 100 made of each Executive Collection. 100 x 90 x 57 = 513,000 packs. That's if there were only 100 of each EC. Wouldn't that make the odds for the Certified Souvenir 1:513,000?

Or do I just not understand pack odds correctly?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See navarrofat's Items on eBay

I was curious also so i did some poking around and figured it out. The "certified souvenir" is a game used puck. 10 were available
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sGlQUH5xsv...1600/pin7.jpeg

I'm not sure what was up with the odds. I opened a few of these cans a month ago and i think i got those in the packs. I can't remember because i generally throw those things away. But I'm assuming the odds translate to there being 648,000 packs produced. That seems pretty low for a 90s product.
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Traders: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I was curious also so i did some poking around and figured it out. The "certified souvenir" is a game used puck. 10 were available
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sGlQUH5xsv...1600/pin7.jpeg

I'm not sure what was up with the odds. I opened a few of these cans a month ago and i think i got those in the packs. I can't remember because i generally throw those things away. But I'm assuming the odds translate to there being 648,000 packs produced. That seems pretty low for a 90s product.

That is awesome thanks for the link.

How are you figuring those odds? As I am assuming you win a puck that was inserted in the can via redemption card. As you have no idea how many game used pucks were inserted in the cans it sure if we can even guess the number of cans produced. As I seen they had 10 cans for the NPN contestthat cannot be extrapolated into how many cans imo.
    @warr10r

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues

I pulled a redemption from Pinnacle (not sure what product) during this time period. I am guessing it was a mail in redemption. This is about the time that they filed for Bankruptcy or went out of business. I figured I wasn't going to get anything since that was happening. I wound up getting a box in the mail with two game used pucks with no certificate. Keep in mind this was over twenty years ago, so I may be off on some of the information.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I pulled a redemption from Pinnacle (not sure what product) during this time period. I am guessing it was a mail in redemption. This is about the time that they filed for Bankruptcy or went out of business. I figured I wasn't going to get anything since that was happening. I wound up getting a box in the mail with two game used pucks with no certificate. Keep in mind this was over twenty years ago, so I may be off on some of the information.

@fatfrank

Do you happen to have any pictures of those pucks?

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues

@fatfrank

Do you happen to have any pictures of those pucks?

DON

I will have to dig them out. Currently a little immobile due to a leg injury and trips to the dungeon only happen once a day. Plus I have to figure out where they are.

Frank

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast