Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Braves

Two cards sharing identical serial number - 2008 Finest Gold Refractors 1/50

Have you ever owned or seen two of the same cards sharing identical serial numbers ?

I have 2 2008 Finest Refractors Gold #103 1/50. I had one in my collection and obtained one in a collection knowing it was just /50. This is very odd. I have heard of finest messing up print runs with card numbers and non serial numbered gold refractors (see link below for interesting read) producing many more then stated. What are your thoughts ?

1996 Finest Refractors #G145 Greg Maddux
    https://basecardhero.com/internet-collecting-1996/

Last edited by madduxfan31; 04-16-2020 at 12:10 AM.
    TRADING FOR (1) GREG MADDUX (2) HOF GU/AUTOS (3) 2006-2015 A&G RELICS (4) 2008 UD HEROES #D

CLICK HERE FOR - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

That is pretty cool

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

That is cool but really it begs the question does Topps do this more than occasionally. I mean they been sued in the past for this behavior before.

Just like all the folks in the U.S. who see stuff like this and jump on the sue happy bandwagon. I am sure this has happened way too much to really be considered a coincidence.

Have you ever looked at all the errors that happens in the card industry it is mind boggling.

DON
    Last edited by doniceage; 04-13-2020 at 07:51 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Braves

That is cool but really it begs the question does Topps do this more than occasionally. I mean they been sued in the past for this behavior before.

Just like all the folks in the U.S. who see stuff like this and jump on the sue happy bandwagon. I am sure this has happened way too much to really be considered a coincidence.

Have you ever looked at all the errors that happens in the card industry it is mind boggling.

DON

I'm sure they do it all the time one way or another. I'm up to 30 printing errors of maddux and there's a lot more out there. Times that by each player you have a ton of them.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Milwaukee Brewers Chicago Blackhawks NULL
    See ntlwhlr's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Wow, that is pretty interesting. I could see how in the past some duplicate serial number cards may have been attempted by MFG (I would like to think they wouldn't, but who knows...). MFG just sends them to opposite region and without internet, online selling, you tube videos, online data tracking/collections, etc what would the chances be those cards would ever meet. I may be crazy for the thought, but I am thinking in today's online everything and all data being shared, it would be very difficult to produce multiple of the same serial number card and not have it flushed out, but again who knows!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    New England Patriots
    Twitter: @njbritton Instagram:

I have always feared this.... Very sketchy across the board.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Houston Astros NULL
    See victoriacardcollector's Items on eBay

There is a Roy Oswalt lot on EBay right now called “2007 Bowman Chrome Red Refractor 55 Roy Oswalt Lot of 8 /5”. Its numbered to 5 and has 8 cards # 2,3,4 are duplicated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Collecting Roy Oswalt, Jason Hirsh and Jack Clark Autos, GU and numbered inserts.

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Marines
    Milwaukee Brewers

It looks like the one on the left is a rainbow refractor.
    Could that be the reason? Because they're not the exact same series.
    Last edited by Dave Gollnick; 04-15-2020 at 10:10 PM.
    Collecting Topps Brewers. I PC Jonathan Lucroy, Paul Molitor, Christian Yelich, Robin Yount, and Ken Griffey Jr.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Marines
    Milwaukee Brewers

The one on the left appears to be a rainbow refractor. Could that be why? Either way, very cool.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Braves

There is a Roy Oswalt lot on EBay right now called “2007 Bowman Chrome Red Refractor 55 Roy Oswalt Lot of 8 /5”. Its numbered to 5 and has 8 cards # 2,3,4 are duplicated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very interesting. Most of been a second run or something like mentioned on action. I wonder if the seller is still a scott kazmir super collector?

The one on the left appears to be a rainbow refractor. Could that be why? Either way, very cool.

Someone mentioned the swoosh under finest being different but I don't see any difference in hand or under a light. Added 2 pic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast