Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Sure miss the partnership with Tuff Stuff.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Pittsburgh Penguins Boise State Broncos
    Twitter: @DFWGrapher Instagram:

Sure miss the partnership with Tuff Stuff.

DON

I miss their very EXISTENCE! I love Beckett, but it was nice having more than one monthly hobby periodical out there. When I started in the early 90s it was Beckett, Sports Collectors Digest, Tuff Stuff, Baseball Cards (which became Sports Cards), Trading Cards, Topps Magazine, and maybe a couple others? We're down to Beckett and SCD now and that's about it. Internet killed the print... star.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I miss their very EXISTENCE! I love Beckett, but it was nice having more than one monthly hobby periodical out there. When I started in the early 90s it was Beckett, Sports Collectors Digest, Tuff Stuff, Baseball Cards (which became Sports Cards), Trading Cards, Topps Magazine, and maybe a couple others? We're down to Beckett and SCD now and that's about it. Internet killed the print... star.

I really would love to know how many copies each publication prints out versus the heyday of collecting.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country

Let's add two more for the 1972 set!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Got a football one in today!

Also, a link to the Sectional Center Facilities that I mention: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sectional_center_facility

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    The Bench (105)
    Country
    Kansas City Royals Chicago Bears St Louis Blues

@*censored*

I think a TTM and IP video would be awesome, to address the how to component, and maybe also the etiquette aspect.....some people stuff 12 cards in an envelope with a typed letter they change the name on for rach player and expect everything back signed and inscribed. A few players will oblige requests like that, I know, but I think people will sign more with sincere letters and a few cards or photos per envelope.

IP even more so, as I have seen graphers shove literal handfuls of items in guys' faces and be super rude, not asking politely, calling people out, not saying thank you, etc. Then people wonder why players wont sign...not at all cool! I'm sure you run into guys like this in your graphing adventures!

Just my thoughts!

Cheers!

Kevin

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

@*censored*

I think a TTM and IP video would be awesome, to address the how to component, and maybe also the etiquette aspect.....some people stuff 12 cards in an envelope with a typed letter they change the name on for rach player and expect everything back signed and inscribed. A few players will oblige requests like that, I know, but I think people will sign more with sincere letters and a few cards or photos per envelope.

IP even more so, as I have seen graphers shove literal handfuls of items in guys' faces and be super rude, not asking politely, calling people out, not saying thank you, etc. Then people wonder why players wont sign...not at all cool! I'm sure you run into guys like this in your graphing adventures!

Just my thoughts!

Cheers!

Kevin

Kevin,
    I concur.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country

Excellent! I'll look into recording a couple how-to videos soon.

Got three envelopes in the mailbox today...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sometimes you get some bonus items...

SCF Rewards
    Country

A little of everything today: baseball, football, and a hockey purchase!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast