Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Live Card Auctions!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See retireddodger's Items on eBay

Interested in baseball. Like the idea and would like to see it on YouTube on the same day and time each week

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See cubman1941's Items on eBay

I think it is a great idea - I do FB but not YT. Need to have the rules set in place on how it would work in including mailing fees etc. The only problem I see is time - need to establish time limits, etc. I have cards I would send in to you. As for years - I am primarily interested in pre-war but most of the traders seem to be newer so you probably would have to cater to them. Goose97 made a great point about putting this request in each sport section to get maximum number of replies.

Volunteer

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    San Diego Padres Green Bay Packers Chicago Blackhawks
    See Comatoad's Items on eBay LinkedIn COMC Cards For Sale

A few questions:
    1) Is it a live auction with people making bids (aka Zoom), or just on FB? Zoom may be an interesting way to hold a live auction.
    2) Is it a silent bid, where you ask everyone to submit a bid on Card a, you have 5 minutes to submit a bid via messenger, and he highest bid gets it?
    3) Can the seller ask for a minimum price/bid?
    4) If they can't reach that price, are they stuck with whatever the actual final bid is.
    5) Baseball is always good, hockey would be nice, as well.

Just a few thoughts,
    Comatoad

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders
    See goose97's Items on eBay

I was looking for ideas from members on what cards they would like to see in the auction.

I dropped a link in Rich's thread in the Hockey section to see who all would be game. Hopefully they comment in here.
    Searching for: Jagr, Palffy, Stumpel, and Boyd
    ***Doing some massive updating. Please be patient!***
    My new trade page is almost complete. My player want lists, and PC is still under construction. It's progress is here:
    Hidden Content
    For Easy Trading use the SCF Inventory Manager! It is Fully Up to Date!!!
    Search my inventory on SCF here:
    Hidden Content
    Also Looking for any CFL Saskatchewan Roughriders Cards!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Los Angeles Dodgers Cincinnati Bengals Miami Heat
    See bradwells1977's Items on eBay

Sounds cool, but not a Hockey fan..Maybe do these for the 3 other Sports....

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (219)
    Country
    See collectorskip's Items on eBay

My two cents:
    A preview in some manner is a good idea. Seeing a list of the lots to be auctioned at the least. Better would be pix of the lots.
    I've never done an FB live so am a little unsure of how it all works.
    Sounds like it could be fun.
    Hidden Content
    On smaller trades I use PWE but will use bubble mailer if you ask.
    Slow trader - be patient. I love trading but do not have enough time.
    "CMB"'s will be ignored. Sorry

SCF Owner

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sounds cool, but not a Hockey fan..Maybe do these for the 3 other Sports....

I plan to. Its not going to be just hockey. Hockey as of right now will be the least I have in terms of cards to auction off. I have baseball, basketball and football mostly.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers Tampa Bay Rays Tampa Bay Lightning

I’d be interested but I don’t have Facebook haha. I am a 33 yr old without Facebook, I know lol.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Squrt8's Items on eBay

I'm on Facebook a lot! I visit several Card Trading, Buying, Selling groups daily. Most of these groups have live auctions too.
    I've noticed all kinds of cards (even memorabilia) being sold. Just about any kind of card that you want to sell can be offered at auction.

Now, as to why I didn't reply sooner..... Every time I try to log in here, I am sent back to the log in page. I checked my user name and password each time, but I am still sent back
    to the log in page. For some reason, after trying about 5 or 6 times, the menu popped up about Notifications. But, even when I clicked on that, I was sent back to the log in page.
    This time, just for the halluvit, I clicked on FORUM, and here I am.
    I don't know if this will happen the next time or not, but I'll let you know if I can log in. If I can't log in, I won't say anything!
    Thanks!
    Bob

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Squrt8's Items on eBay

But it's a free download!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast