Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Live Card Auctions!

SCF Owner

SCF Rewards
    Country

Live Card Auctions!

So we are planning on doing a live card auction on Facebook Live. This of course is our first time trying this and if it works out, we will continue it each week. The goal is to have the auction become popular enough to where members can also send in their cards to be auctioned off on the live feed.

So I am planning on going live this weekend, possibly Saturday night. Not sure of the time yet but want to get your feedback on that. I also want to know what types of cards you are looking to see at the auction. I have several cards already to go, from new to older baseball, football, and basketball. I also have a few hockey, but hope to get more before the auction. So let me know what type of cards you would like to see in the auction. If you aren't a members of our SCF Facebook group and want to be apart of this auction, please join. https://www.facebook.com/sportscardforum/

Again, please let me know what cards you want to see and what times would work out for most of you? Post your thoughts here in this thread.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders
    See goose97's Items on eBay

this sounds like a great idea. For me Hockey is my main interest, and next is CFL Football. For the Nascar, and Benchwarmer crowd. You could add a bit for them as well. Unfortunately my only nights available now are Thursday, and Friday.

Possibly could we utilize our Rewards Points for this?
    Searching for: Jagr, Palffy, Stumpel, and Boyd
    ***Doing some massive updating. Please be patient!***
    My new trade page is almost complete. My player want lists, and PC is still under construction. It's progress is here:
    Hidden Content
    For Easy Trading use the SCF Inventory Manager! It is Fully Up to Date!!!
    Search my inventory on SCF here:
    Hidden Content
    Also Looking for any CFL Saskatchewan Roughriders Cards!!

SCF Owner

SCF Rewards
    Country

this sounds like a great idea. For me Hockey is my main interest, and next is CFL Football. For the Nascar, and Benchwarmer crowd. You could add a bit for them as well. Unfortunately my only nights available now are Thursday, and Friday.

Possibly could we utilize our Rewards Points for this?

As of right now, no rewards points but will be tweaking things as we go. I'm not a hockey collector so who is good to try to get on this auction?

I am shocked there has only been one reply to this thread!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Very fun idea. Since it's on Facebook I wouldn't participate, myself.

Not that you asked for suggestions, but I'd recommend posting the list of cards and some teaser pics a number of days prior to drum up interest. You may also send out an email blast because I know a number of folks like me that don't often venture outside their sport's forum and may not see this post.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders
    See goose97's Items on eBay

As of right now, no rewards points but will be tweaking things as we go. I'm not a hockey collector so who is good to try to get on this auction?

I am shocked there has only been one reply to this thread!

As far who to get on the auction do mean a site member or a player?

A suggestion I have in respect to getting more people to view and respond to this post would be to go into each individual sport sections of the forum and post a thread with your question in each of the chat sections with a link directing back to this thread. What usually happens on SCF is most everyone migrates to their sport and rarely travel beyond that and hardly ever scour the rest of the forum.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys
    See krunchtyme's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

It sounds great. I would make it a set time every week. Depending on the amount of people, I would consider (in the future) Hockey first week, Baseball Second Week, Football Third week or some variation. I don't want to sit and watch a live feed for Hockey cards, when I don't collect hockey at all. I think people would lose interest if they don't collect the specific sport. I collect football, so if there were some hockey, basketball and baseball in front of me, I would move on to something else. Or time slot. Hockey at 7pm, Baseball 8 pm, etc and rotate who goes first, second or third.

SCF Owner

SCF Rewards
    Country

Very fun idea. Since it's on Facebook I wouldn't participate, myself.

Not that you asked for suggestions, but I'd recommend posting the list of cards and some teaser pics a number of days prior to drum up interest. You may also send out an email blast because I know a number of folks like me that don't often venture outside their sport's forum and may not see this post.

The future plan would be to move it to YT. Would you be able to be in it then?

SCF Owner

SCF Rewards
    Country

It sounds great. I would make it a set time every week. Depending on the amount of people, I would consider (in the future) Hockey first week, Baseball Second Week, Football Third week or some variation. I don't want to sit and watch a live feed for Hockey cards, when I don't collect hockey at all. I think people would lose interest if they don't collect the specific sport. I collect football, so if there were some hockey, basketball and baseball in front of me, I would move on to something else. Or time slot. Hockey at 7pm, Baseball 8 pm, etc and rotate who goes first, second or third.

I would mix it up. I plan on auctioning off a baseball card, then a football card, then a basketball card, and so on. It won't be 10 straight hockey cards. It would be mixed up.

SCF Owner

SCF Rewards
    Country

As far who to get on the auction do mean a site member or a player?

A suggestion I have in respect to getting more people to view and respond to this post would be to go into each individual sport sections of the forum and post a thread with your question in each of the chat sections with a link directing back to this thread. What usually happens on SCF is most everyone migrates to their sport and rarely travel beyond that and hardly ever scour the rest of the forum.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I was looking for ideas from members on what cards they would like to see in the auction.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Rocketman's Items on eBay

I like the idea but I don't do Facebook so I wouldn't participate.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast