Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Dusting off my 90's Goalie collection

Hi Everyone!

I am a Goalie card collector from the 90's reunited with my collection thanks to pandemic lockdown supplied free time!

Forgive me if my thread is not in the optimum topic section, I browsed and decided this looked about right. Looking for somewhere to share highlights of my old-turning new collection and card finds that I am adding along the way.

Here is a 1990/91 Curtis Joseph Rookie card that was the highlight of my childhood 90's Goalie collection. I was too young to afford high end cards back then but managed to amass some 500+ Goalie cards and some half decent inserts along my travels.

Let me know if anyone is interested I am happy to share some highlights of my collection and some of the more interesting goalie cards of today that I've been adding over the past year.

I am a goalie myself, of 27 years. Or should say was, still have a set of current-ish butterfly gear but I guess you could say I'm a free agent...Took some time off to heal a bad MCL and back. Can I get a from all the hockey players out there with knee problems!

I'd post a picture of me playing net but oddly enough being the one on the ice, I haven't taken any shots of myself...So here's a gratuitous beer league trophy pic just to share something hockey related about myself. cheers and happy trading!
    -Craig

trophy 1.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Country

Do you have a Trade List? I could help you out with a Pile of Cujo, i have lots of doubles, he is my Main PC as well. Cheers
    James

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Notre Dame Fighting Irish San Francisco Giants
    COMC Cards For Sale

I'm in the same boat. Beer leaguer and the boredom of the quaranteen brought me back. I'm predominantly chasing goalie cards now. Potvin is my king
    always looking for
    John Gibson
    jamie drysdale
    Devon levi
    Yarasov askarov

New Member Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See manthis02's Items on eBay

:)
    potvin is 1 of my leaf
    FAV goalies

my new flicker

Hidden Content

- ( IN ROCK WE TRUST )= (ITS ROCK or BUST)-

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ah, I was - well I suppose am a goalie, I'm almost 40 years old now and haven't played in a few years. Every now an again in the winter I think about grabbing the pads and going to the outdoor rink to have fun and play a bit of pond hockey, but in reality I don't know how fun it would actually be, lol.... The last thing I need is to get injured - so I stick with collecting hockey cards - especially goalies...

Yea, I have quite a few bricks of Joseph rookies myself - at least 75 Pro Set rookies and at least 25+ of this other rookies, lol - I have a full team set bag of the Pro Set rookies alone..... Anyways - Upper Deck was the premium brand in 1990-91... Back when you had Topps, OPC, Bowman, Score and Upper Deck... Well I suppose 1990-91 OPC Premier was a "premium brand" (and still kinda is)...

If you like goalie cards check this one out - just got it yesterday:

Each goalie backstopped a dynasty, not only that but Fuhr ended Smith's dynasty.

That's a 2019 Leaf - In The Game Used - "Legendary Numbers" Duel Billy Smith & Grant Fuhr Game Used Jersey card #'ed 18/25....

Sweet card eh?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See football-4ever's Items on eBay

Hey Craigster ..... I feel your pain (lol) . I'm a 62 year old former goalie and baseball catcher , with two nice new shinny titanium knees. I wake up every morning blaming all the cracking and grinding on the floorboards , but I know it's my knees protesting the day ahead. Gotta admit I feel much better after a putting myself through a vigorous hour long work-out . Kinda has the same effect as lubricating the joints with WD40. Although I have some nasty days , I wouldn't change a thing . I thoroughly enjoyed being on the ice for the full 60 minutes , and how involved I got to be by playing 9 innings behind the plate. Organized sports throughout my past enabled me to make some truly special friends , and quench my insatiable appetite for competition. Like so many others of my generation , I would love to turn back time and do it all over again , but now if am satisfied to relive sports through my six grandsons .
    WE COLLECT : CONNOR MCDAVID --- NATHAN MACKINNON -- ERIK KARLSSON -- CAREY PRICE --- BRADY TKACHUK -- AUSTIN MATTHEWS -- THOMAS CHABOT --JACK EICHEL

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @OscarsCards See oscars-cards's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

This is great, please continue!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Nice to see another goalie (and goalie collector!!) on these forums! I've had some minor MCL injury in the past, sucks to have as a goalie haha. Ouch.

Your collection sounds great! Posting some highlights in the show and tell section would be sweet!

Last edited by creasecollector; 05-03-2020 at 04:54 PM.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Akron Zips Kent State Golden Flashes Tulane Green Wave
    Twitter: @. See .'s Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

lol @ billy smith

so used to seeing him with the beard

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

Hello from another guy whose primary focus is a goalie (Ryan Miller). I play beer league with a guy who stopped playing goalie after college age due to knee injuries and now plays up. He wears knee braces every game still. But you do what you need to play the game that is the best. I'm itching to get back onto the ice with my new skates I got right before the shutdown.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast