Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues

Question ePack Digital Base

How do ePack participants regard trading of Digital Base on ePack? Do you trade based on book value or one for one? I have been rolling along trying to even out the value of the cards going each direction based on book value and have done a lot of trades. I get a few traders that get snippy, "Why would I send two digital base in exchange for one? lol". Do other people get this a lot on ePack? My thoughts are that the player holds the value, so when you upgrade to Foil or whatever the ratio of value would similar to the base cards in real life. Also would be curious how many of these "one for one traders" trade their Auston Matthews UD S1 digital base for Tyler Bozak UD S1 digital base.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I've largely done base swaps on ePack for the very small handful of Josh Gorges cards via the platform, and sometimes the Habs UD1/2 foils, but I never had a problem doing 1:1 trades regardless of who it was.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

There are two big issues I find with this on ePack ...

1) There are certain collectors who try to trade with me based on the expectation that I have to give more than what I'm receiving, even if I am giving them cards on their wish list Out of principle, I decline and after repeated trade attempts I eventually block them. If you have Sidney Crosby base cards listed on your WL and I ask for an equal number of Carey Price base from the same set in return, I should not have to toss in extra cards to make that happen. In the past, a few users have expected "a little extra" for the "help" even if you are giving them cards they are asking for. Again, out of principle, I don't deal with those people.

There are also many traders who have been very generous with me and so I am the same with them. If I see that they are trying to foil up some cards, I have no problem sending them 100-200 digital base for 1 digital base just to help them out. For MOST collectors on ePack, we are all there for the enjoyment of building our collections or the challenge of trying to complete an achievement. Unfortunately, some people are out to nickel and dime others, and are only interested in replicating the whole "I traded up from a free pack card to a McDavid YG" fantasy.

2) Then there are the people who state "these cards are useless cause their digital," while trying to give me 10 no name base for 7 McDavids and 3 Matthews. Well, yes, until the cards are foiled/greened or whatever, they are worthless. But everyone knows there is more demand for star players than scrubs and foiled base doesn't change that. I find that I typically refrain from trading star players unless I'm getting Price back. Few people will trade 1:1 for just any card so I think the mindset is if you want a star player you need to have one in return. The same appears to be true with rookies. I'm okay with that as long as its consistent.

Again however, I think it depends on the traders. I have Oiler and Leaf collectors who I will gladly give my McDavid and Matthews base away to because they have helped me in the past. In the end, no one is getting rich on ePack, but that doesn't stop many greedy users from trying.

Just my thoughts.

How do ePack participants regard trading of Digital Base on ePack? Do you trade based on book value or one for one? I have been rolling along trying to even out the value of the cards going each direction based on book value and have done a lot of trades. I get a few traders that get snippy, "Why would I send two digital base in exchange for one? lol". Do other people get this a lot on ePack? My thoughts are that the player holds the value, so when you upgrade to Foil or whatever the ratio of value would similar to the base cards in real life. Also would be curious how many of these "one for one traders" trade their Auston Matthews UD S1 digital base for Tyler Bozak UD S1 digital base.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

There are two big issues I find with this on ePack ...

1) There are certain collectors who try to trade with me based on the expectation that I have to give more than what I'm receiving, even if I am giving them cards on their wish list Out of principle, I decline and after repeated trade attempts I eventually block them. If you have Sidney Crosby base cards listed on your WL and I ask for an equal number of Carey Price base from the same set in return, I should not have to toss in extra cards to make that happen. In the past, a few users have expected "a little extra" for the "help" even if you are giving them cards they are asking for. Again, out of principle, I don't deal with those people.

There are also many traders who have been very generous with me and so I am the same with them. If I see that they are trying to foil up some cards, I have no problem sending them 100-200 digital base for 1 digital base just to help them out. For MOST collectors on ePack, we are all there for the enjoyment of building our collections or the challenge of trying to complete an achievement. Unfortunately, some people are out to nickel and dime others, and are only interested in replicating the whole "I traded up from a free pack card to a McDavid YG" fantasy.

2) Then there are the people who state "these cards are useless cause their digital," while trying to give me 10 no name base for 7 McDavids and 3 Matthews. Well, yes, until the cards are foiled/greened or whatever, they are worthless. But everyone knows there is more demand for star players than scrubs and foiled base doesn't change that. I find that I typically refrain from trading star players unless I'm getting Price back. Few people will trade 1:1 for just any card so I think the mindset is if you want a star player you need to have one in return. The same appears to be true with rookies. I'm okay with that as long as its consistent.

Again however, I think it depends on the traders. I have Oiler and Leaf collectors who I will gladly give my McDavid and Matthews base away to because they have helped me in the past. In the end, no one is getting rich on ePack, but that doesn't stop many greedy users from trying.

Just my thoughts.

I think you hit the hammer on the head there. It comes down to who you know and what you can do to help people out along the way. If I see a familiar name, and that person sends me an offer, have at it. It's all stuff I really don't care about in exchange for something that I can use to further my PC.

It's a strange environment at times - I sent an offer to a guy who had one of those 30th Anniversary Patrick Roy inserts from UD1. Sent him 6 cards from his wantlist including 2 other transferable cards. Declined. Like, really? I get it if you're set building but at least give me a rationale as to why you're rejecting the offer, which was for sure in his favour. C'est la vie....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

RGM81 I find it a very strange place as well lol.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Philadelphia Eagles Toronto Blue Jays
    See maritimesportscards's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

Honestly I am beginning to hate epack. Loved it when it came out and spent lots of cash on the platform to amass a ton of low end inserts that are too expensive to ship home in Canada, won't sell on COMC unless they are listed at 1-2c plus the COMC fee, and hate to try to trade on the platform because people there are very strange as posters above have put it and I don't have the patience for. I feel like I have thousands of cards stuck online.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack

I tend to try to be accommodating in general, but I do think McDavid/Matthews/Etc base should be offered for at least something similar in terms of popularity. But where this works better for me is when I have an un-redeemed PC card, that I plan to ship home eventually, and I get offered a redeemed + another similar card for mine.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See football-4ever's Items on eBay

Different attitude with some EPack Members ... found it a little clicky. A lot of traders seemed to be intent on winning every trade ! I much prefer the trading environment here on SCF . Guess that's why 95% of my trades have taken place right here, with the wonderful members of SCF . Take a bow folks , you are simply the best
    WE COLLECT : CONNOR MCDAVID --- NATHAN MACKINNON -- ERIK KARLSSON -- CAREY PRICE --- BRADY TKACHUK -- AUSTIN MATTHEWS -- THOMAS CHABOT --JACK EICHEL

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I think the other comments here have nailed this pretty well.

There are some members there that think they need to "win" every deal. Even thinking about some recent trades I've had rejected:

You have a common card parallel, it's got a relatively low serial number. I need it for my set. I will offer you a card form the same set (same serial number) + a common autograph for your card. I get back "no thanks. I don't collect those sets". YES, I KNOW. BUT YOU HAVE A CARD FROM ONE OF THOSE SETS SITTING THERE THAT I I NEED, AND I DON'T COLLECT WHAT YOU DO. HOW 'BOUT MAKING THE SWAY ANYWAY, SINCE YOU'RE COMING OUT AHEAD ?!?!?

Sorry about the yelling, but I just fail to understand the rational behind rejected trades.

I have not done any hockey base sets in a while... but I also recall "I don't make base card trades". WHAT ?!?!? WHY IN THE WORLD NOT ?!?!?. Honestly, if you don't want them - deal them away to someone that does.

Anyway, as for the valuation on what are, essentially, worthless pictures (until you get 10 of them): Nope, I'm not trading you my McDavid for your Kyle Turris. If I'm dealing away a single McDavid base card - I expect I'd be getting another Superstar in return, or multiples. Depends on the set. If you're trading me 50 WL base cards, and I'm trading you 50 WL base cards.... and one happens to be McDavid? Yeah, who cares.

Watch the chat rooms when a new product comes out, that's all you need to read to know that superstars will get a premium. Last time I did a compendium set was 17-18. I did a Gold team set of the Oilers. This meant you had to get 100 of each base card to foil up to Gold......

Here's a link on COMC that shows you the Oilers Blue team set:

https://www.comc.com/Teams/Hockey/Ed...,vDetails,i100

If you think of a regular base card as being worth 1, I would typically be offering:

1 for most base
    3 for Nick Ellis RC
    5 for Kailer Yammamoto RC
    5 for Draisaitl
    10-20 (depending on the day) for McDavid

With compendium, the rookies were always valued at 3-for-1 by default, but the star rookies would go higher.

What I would typically do is break a box or two of it, move all the stars / semistars / star rookies for the equivalent on my list.... then with what's left, make general offers like I just posted.

I think there's probably 25 names, or so, in a typical base set that should command a premium. That's about. What that premium is.... it will change from day to day, depending on who is online and making offers. That market can be very fluid.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack

I'm Sparty07 and feel free to make trades for base [or offer me Hirose non-base if you see something else you like :)]