Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Advice On Selling/Liquidation

Nothing to sell on this post- I just couldn't find a better location for this thread.

I'm getting back into cards after several years basically away.

The first part (before the Mrs. allows more acquisition) is I'm looking to part ways with 90% of my collection, which is about 100,000 cards across baseball, basketball and football. I'm looking for tips/advice from people who have done this. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to do it the most profitable way- which is individually, or in smaller lots. I see singles selling (especially inserts) for great prices on eBay, but (I know it sounds kinda crappy to say) I just don't have the time to manage low-end individual sales or trades.

I should also note that most of my cards are not commons, but also not high value. They are from 1993-2005. RCs, inserts, base all there. Most of the commons/non stars have been donated already.

SO, my question is, what do you think is the best way to sell large amounts of cards? Player lots of 50-100 cards per player? Large insert lots? Large mixed star lots? RC lots? Massive lots of thousands of cards?

Just looking for anyone willing to share their experience in doing this at a larger scale.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sell the good stuff individually. Start with the autographs, good rookies, and low #D stuff. The lower end stuff just put together in larger lots later if you want to save some time. You could always try to move that though on here or the other stuff too. This site is FREE to sell on remember. Just build up your feedback before you do.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

Massive lots of thousands of cards to me for super cheap. Lol. Just kidding BTW. I would probably try and dump the whole lot for a price that you can stomach. If it were me.

Sent from my G6 using Tapatalk

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Unitedsportscard's Items on eBay

I would also suggest breaking it up into teams if you have the time. Many people here and other places are team collectors and would be interested in a team lots,

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See joebobjingo's Items on eBay

If you don't want to spend the time piecing it out, which can be overwhelmingly time consuming, I would find a local buyer. That way you don't killed on shipping costs, which can also be a deterrent for people buying large lots. Put an ad on Craigslist or whatever, or contact your LCS if you want to get rid of it in one swoop. Fact is that if you want to get your best bang for your buck it's going to involve a lot of work with listing, packaging, and mailing.