The minimum-wage lawsuit against the Canadian Hockey League that has been playing out since 2014 reached a $30 million settlement on Friday, but any current and future players are exempt from benefitting from it.
https://thehockeynews.com/news/artic...a-major-bullet

This is just beyond my comprehension. So the past players win a lawsuit for compensation to the tune of $30 million but in the future you are still going to pay players less than minimum wage without any repercussions. How is this helping create change for future players as it like I only care about myself and not future players. I mean you were exploited as a industry and it okay because you been compensated but from here out it okay to exploit the same industry as they made compensation for the past but the future is back to the same old model. WHAT? It makes no sense to me from a point of fairness. It just seems like the lawmakers truly do care more about the lobbying side of things than the kids on the ice. No different than anywhere in the world which folks exploit kids trying to further their careers in sports (NCAA) in the USA etc. I am just glad the NCAA is going to be forced to let athletes possibly make money by being Influencers.

DON