Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Top Rookies of 2015-16, Other Than McDavid

The 2015-16 rookie class has a great lineup of young stars who begin their NHL careers. It is now 2020 and these players have had 4 years under their belt, so the question is, after Connor McDavid, who is the next best rookie from this 2015-16 rookie class.

Below are my thoughts about who are the best rookies from this class (not in any order), and if you believe that any were missed, please pass them along.

48 Connor Hellebuyck – Winnipeg Jets #/ 299
    76 Artemi Panarin – Chicago Blackhawks #/ 25
    77 Jack Eichel – Buffalo Sabres #/ 25*
    78 Max Domi – Arizona Coyotes #/ 199
    80 Mikko Rantanen – Colorado Avalanche #/ 199
    82 Dylan Larkin – Detroit Red Wings #/ 25
    84 Nikolaj Ehlers – Winnipeg Jets #/ 199

If you need more information before making your decision, you can check out my blog post which we go over each of the players above and then make a decision who is second best.

https://www.2015-16udblack.com/blog/...es-of-2015-16/

By the way, this entire Master Set of 2015-16 Upper Deck Black is available for sale, which includes all 14 Connor McDavid cards, plus the updates from 2016-17 UD Black and 2017-18 SPX.

Overall, my choice would have to be Artemi Panarin, not only because he has been great for me in ‘fantasy hockey’ these past couple years, but because he has been killing it since being traded from the Blackhawks. Columbus wasn’t my favourite team for him to get his first cup, however he did help them beat Tampa Bay during the first round of the playoffs in 2018-19. Now in New York as a Ranger, this 2019-2020 season hasnt been going to well for the team, while Panarin is posting his best point season ever with career highs for both assists and goals.

Feedback is appreciated,

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

Rantanen is a solid performer too. A lot of good rookies in the 15-16 stuff! :)
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I'm kinda partial to Max Domi, as he's been a real good addition for the Habs. Here's some of my faves of his from that rookie 15-16 season:

Contours RC

Premier RC:

Silver Foil YG:

Canvas POE
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country
    See thal_corbeil's Items on eBay Instagram:

It's Panarin but he’s older than the others. I would go with Panarin, Rantanen, Eichel.
    I collect game used and autographed cards of Beliveau, Lafleur and Maurice Richard. Can consider other nice Habs cards too.
    Flicker: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Someone else mentioned Victor Arvidsson, who has quietly been scoring goals like a madman.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See fleurynut's Items on eBay

Marner, Chabot, Aho, Barzal and Boeser are all doing well.
    Collect Crown Royale, OPC & McD

[Trade List/Wantlist: Hidden Content

Photogallery of OPC PC: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country
    See thal_corbeil's Items on eBay Instagram:

Marner, Chabot, Aho, Barzal and Boeser are all doing well.

He mentioned 15-16 ��

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I don't think there's any question that Eichel was the 2nd best rookie in that class, as far as talent goes. Panarin & Rantanan would be 2nd and 3rd. I'm still not sold on the rest as being anything more than "semi-stars".

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Helly is worthy of a Vezina this year, but not many notice him in Winnipeg. Eichel is slowly but steadily improving. Scores some beauties but not huge numbers.
    Rantanan's skill and agility for a guy his size is amazing. I could see him winning a scoring title very soon.
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.