SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bears TCU Horned Frogs

Opened a box of Vintage85. Im Happy

Edit: got four more boxes. Instead of a new thread I’ll share the highlights here as I open them. Again some may know from my other posts. My main goal is to pull a Mike Singletary that will grade a PSA Gem Mint 10. Any other card is just a bonus as far as I am concerned.

Waiting for me when I got home after a 48 hour shift next to my recliner was my latest eBay purchase, a package containing a box of 1985 Topps. These photos below are the rookie cards I was most excited about pulling. I’m happy but not thrilled. My whole reason for buying the box was to get that Singletary card that would grade a Gem Mint 10! The two Singletary’s I did pull are way off centered and knicked up and will go in the junk pile.

I did pull two extremely nice Warren Moon‘s. Fingers crossed they grade well.

oh and last photo. Guess it was an open pack kind of Sunday. My wife who absolutely despises my card collecting hobby bought me these four packs while at Target.

ok well the order got all scrambled. Sorry

This Ad will be removed when you a member of sportscardforum.com

Last edited by FireRob; 05-22-2020 at 05:43 PM.
    PSA Registry- Mike Singletary, Bears HOF & All Time Bears
    1985 Topps Singletary PSA 10, 92 Wild Card 10,20,50Stripe
    If you think you might have a Singletary card I dont, please let me know. (Dont have to be graded).
    2019 Prizm base to complete my set.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

Very nice thanks for the share
    Please bare with me sometimes my work schedule changes in a matter of minutes.Trade list is currently a work in progress if you don't see anything please ask.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice break! Don't see many breaks of stuff from 1985 anymore
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice break! Don't see many breaks of stuff from 1985 anymore

Thanks! I got four more boxes on the way. We shall see what they hold. I would trade a potential PSA 10 Moon for a PSA 10 Singletary in a heart beat.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bears Chicago Blackhawks Chicago Cubs

nice Dents and Mongos

SCF Rewards
    Country

So Edited the OP to say that I now have four more boxes and Just finished one. As I open the others I’ll share the better cards pulled and my quest for a PSA Gem Mint 10 Mike Singletary!!!

I got another Moon that is also in really good shape. NOT A SINGLE MIKE SINGLETARY in this whole box. These Dent cards are not so hot either. While his name isn’t smudged like the three from the last box the edges are knicked up, otherwise they would have been great cards. Such a bummer!!! As promised pictures.

Football Manager

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    Twitter: @Grampie11 See bakemeister52's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale My traders on Flickr

Sweet break of the 85's and hope you get your good Singletary card and thanks for sharing!

Bake
    Football: Emmitt Smith, Leighton Vander Esch, 2006 SP Paul McQuistan and Michael Gallup!
    Non-Sports: Star Wars, Silver Surfer, Thor, NCIS
    Baseball: Aaron Judge, Gleyber Torres, Adley Rutschman and Derek Jeter!
    Comics: Star Wars, Silver Silver and Thor
    Want to fill in my Emmitt Smith and Derek Jeter PCs! Let me know what you have for me!!

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Please keep checking in on this post and when I am done I will give an actual review and my thoughts and opinions on buying “vintage wax” Spoiler alert, it’s not worth it! At least not with 1985 Topps Football. I’ll explain in detail in a few days. Maybe these next two boxes will change my mind. (I highly doubt it will)

So update on my latest box. Very disappointed to say the least. Guess they can’t all be winners. I have another thread (With pictures) about the crazy packs with duplicates within the packs. I opened four packs in a row and one pack had as many as five sets of duplicates in one single pack. I think a couple had four sets and one had three.

I finally got a Mike Singletary card. It was the only one out of two boxes. It had great edges, corners and coloring but it was very off center. Crazy how I end up with 15 Chip Banks from one box but only one Singletary card from two boxes.

No Warren Moons in this box but a couple of the other key RC’s from this set. Dent, Ellard, Clayton, Fryer and the condition was so so on most with maybe a couple decent Irving Fryers that might grade 8 or above, at least I hope so if I ever decide to send them in. Nothing really picture worthy this time. If your hungry for pics search my post history and find the one about the duplicates.