Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

Nothing silly here, look at my response. I put pads lower than I truly wanted because I wouldn't know what to do with them once I owned them. Same with why I put blocker above glove. Blockers can sit nicely for display, the glove is a bit awkward.

One side note I forgot to mention. One of my beer league guys actually has Scott Darling's blackhawks chest protector that he uses to play in our D/beer league hockey games. It's awesome and has the hawks logo sewn in between at the top center.

For me...

Player: 1) Jersey 2) Stick 3) Skates 4) Helmet 5) Gloves 6) Pants 7) Elbow Pads
    Goalie: 1) Mask 2) Jersey 3) Stick 4) Blocker 5) Glove 6) Pads 7) Skates 8) Pants 9) Chest Protector

May sound silly, but part of my rationale was the storage factor. That is why goalie pads fell so low on my list. Jerseys, sticks, skates, etc... do not take up as much space.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

For me...

Player: 1) Jersey 2) Stick 3) Skates 4) Helmet 5) Gloves 6) Pants 7) Elbow Pads
    Goalie: 1) Mask 2) Jersey 3) Stick 4) Blocker 5) Glove 6) Pads 7) Skates 8) Pants 9) Chest Protector

May sound silly, but part of my rationale was the storage factor. That is why goalie pads fell so low on my list. Jerseys, sticks, skates, etc... do not take up as much space.

Your rationale about storage is not silly at all! Very practical.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I suppose it would go like this for me:

Player:
    B. Jersey
    D. Gloves
    E. Stick
    A. Helmet

G. Skates
    C. Elbow Pads

F. Pants

Goalie:
    A. Mask/Helmet (Irbe/Hasek style)
    B. Jersey
    D. Blocker
    E. Glove
    H. Pads
    F. Stick

I. Skates
    C. Chest Protector

G Pants

I own a couple of jerseys, and a stick..... I've bid on blockers, gloves, and pads before, but have never owned any,

Things like elbow pads, pants, or a chest protector: I really have no interest in owning.

Most of that stuff: There's an issue with being able to display it. I've got enough room for my cards (etc) but if I were suddenly looking to display a full set of goalie equipment (for example) that would be tough. Not that I wouldn't try and find a place to put it.... but a lot of GU stuff is so impractical to display inside one's home.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

For me, Jerseys will always be the top.

In the mid 80's I won a game-used Brian Propp jersey at a charity auction. Being the uneducated fool I was, I threw away the certificate of authenticity thinking "why would I need that!"

D'o​h!
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (88.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (45% complete)...and to a lesser extent...Hidden Content (65% complete) / Hidden Content (48% complete) / Brian Propp (70% complete)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Notre Dame Fighting Irish San Francisco Giants
    COMC Cards For Sale

Playes: jerseys , sticks, helmet ( only if it's super special to me) the rest honestly dont really care about

Goalie: tough call between jersey and helmet. Probably go with helmet because they would be much more scarce. Sticks third. Pads and gloves would be great but not sure how I'd display them and honestly, if they were modern, I'd probably use em in my beer league
    always looking for
    John Gibson
    jamie drysdale
    Devon levi
    Yarasov askarov

SCF Rewards
    Country

For me, Jerseys will always be the top.

In the mid 80's I won a game-used Brian Propp jersey at a charity auction. Being the uneducated fool I was, I threw away the certificate of authenticity thinking "why would I need that!"

D'o​h!

It's a good piece in your forever PC.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country
    Twitter: @HeroesofCrease See FanaticofTKD's Items on eBay Instagram:

As someone who collects goalie memorabilia exclusively "BRC Goaltending Museum", I will only list that one and my rationale for each as to their places on their list.

1) Mask/Helmet. You can't get any closer to the player's psyche and know who they are better than with a mask. From the artwork, to personal touches, to the sweat stains and beyond, they are the gold standard for a collection.

2) Jersey. You associate certain logos with certain feelings and the first thing you notice about a player is that logo on the chest, before you see their name, mask, and other equipment. The wear and tear on a jersey can be brilliant and highlight the toughness and tenacity of the position.

3) Glove/Blocker. There is no separation for me on this one as they count as a single unit in my eyes. Easy to store, epic to display and show all of the signs of the rigors of a season, these highlight the hardwork and perseverance of goalies.

4) Pads. Pretty much the same point as with the glove/blocker, though their larger consumption of space put them beneath gloves/blockers for that reason.

5) Stick. These are the base cards of memorabilia collecting in my eyes. Sticks generally excite me about as much as a base card does in a tin of The Cup. If it is a tough to find player, I will settle for one, otherwise, sticks are not high on my list.

6) Skates. They are neat, but generally tougher to photomatch and attribute to players, and these are rarely the pieces people get excited by or associate with the goalie position so the collectibility of them is rather low.

7) Pants. Bulky, smelly, and without the aesthetic appeal of pads, you have pants. Good to have one of two to highlight goalie protective equipment, but I never go out of my way to acquire a pair.

8) Chest protectors. Also bulky and smelly, but beneath pants on the list because where you can see pants on a player during a game and still have some visual association with the object, the chest protector is hidden beneath the jersey and rarely collected by people.

I am curious to see how people would rank their desirability to own/display various game used items you typically see as available to purchase.

From top to bottom

Player:
    A. Helmet
    B. Jersey
    C. Elbow Pads
    D. Gloves
    E. Stick
    F. Pants
    G. Skates

Goalie:
    A. Mask/Helmet (Irbe/Hasek style)
    B. Jersey
    C. Chest Protector
    D. Blocker
    E. Glove
    F. Stick
    G Pants
    H. Pads
    I. Skates

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Philadelphia Eagles Toronto Blue Jays
    See maritimesportscards's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I've got one piece of game used memorabilia and once you crack that ice it's impossible to be content with small swatches of jerseys lol.

Mine would be in order:
    Player:
    B. Jersey
    A. Helmet
    D. Gloves
    G. Skates
    E. Stick
    F. Pants
    C. Elbow Pads

Goalie:
    A. Mask/Helmet
    B. Jersey
    H. Pads
    D. Blocker
    E. Glove
    I. Skates
    F. Stick
    G Pants
    C. Chest Protector

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks all who have answered so far, clear patterns definitely emerging.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See goalie4501's Items on eBay

For me, nothing is better than a mask for a goaltender. Jerseys and sticks will always be at the top of both goalies and players. I’ve always like gloves over blockers, cooler making glove saves. Anything is great if it lands in your collection.

Goalie: Mask, Jersey, Stick, Glove, Blocker, Leg Pads, Pants, Chest Protector and Skates.

Player: Jersey, Stick, Helmet, Gloves, Skates, Pants, Elbow Pads and Shin/Knee Pads (might as well throw them in there too)
    Hidden Content
    Irbe3201’s PC:
    Hidden Content

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast