Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Venom-86's Items on eBay

What to do with commons?

I have lots, and lots of commons (probably between 5,000 - 10,000) and I want to get rid of them. I feel really bad about just throwing them away, but I've asked around the schools, scouts, clubs, etc... and nobody wants them.
    This Ad will be removed when you a member of sportscardforum.com

Any ideas? Most are from the market flooded '90s with some early 2000's.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (83.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (25% complete)...and to a lesser extent...Hidden Content (59% complete) / Hidden Content (42% complete) / Brian Propp (51% complete)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Post em up on Craigslist. Should be able to get $30 bucks for them.
    Hidden Content
    Wanted: Blues #'d, AU, GU. Especially Federko, CuJo, Hull, MacInnis, Demitra, Tarasenko

My Traders on Flickr - Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

That's a lot of base card! I would sell half and see what you could get for them. The modern stuff give them out on Halloween to the kids. I've been doing this for the last couple of year's and the kids love it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

Facebook marketplace
    Please bare with me sometimes my work schedule changes in a matter of minutes.Trade list is currently a work in progress if you don't see anything please ask.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Move to Alberta and sell them to me. Seriously.... $20 for every 4 row you have of ANYTHING hockey.
    Always looking for high end Red Deer Rebels Cards and team issued items!

Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I remember when I had this same problem a few (maybe 6 or 7?) years ago. I had moved a couple of times, and kept moving 10s of thousands of cards with me. It was crazy. I had a lot of fun going through boxes of (approximatly) 25,000 cards from the 90s.

I took out all the rookie cards, stars, error cards, the inserts, low-end parallels (there was nothing with a particularly high value in these cards). I boxed up all that "good stuff" and sent it to COMC. The rest of it: I tossed it in the junk.

If that was today, I'd try and use something like Facebook Market place, and find a local buyer. I'd be asking something in the $20 range for a 3 row box... and probably would happily accept $50 for five 4 row boxes.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Venom-86's Items on eBay

I think my problem might be that any legit hockey collector would realize that these cards probably worth the box they're packed in. Some novice folks might think they stumbled upon a gold mine believing they could flip the cards for profit. I'd feel bad taking advantage of someone.

One idea I had came from a youtube video I saw. This guy was making guitars out of random objects. Sim cards, pencils, jawbreaker candies. The items are encased in clear epoxy to make the guitar body. Why not hockey cards? That's an "another day" project, but one I like to try.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Notre Dame Fighting Irish San Francisco Giants
    COMC Cards For Sale

You could collect them by team and try moving them by the 100 or something dumno, just spit ballin
    Looking for the sandlot cards,
    And goalies, I collect goalies

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Chicago Blackhawks

I think my problem might be that any legit hockey collector would realize that these cards probably worth the box they're packed in. Some novice folks might think they stumbled upon a gold mine believing they could flip the cards for profit. I'd feel bad taking advantage of someone.

One idea I had came from a youtube video I saw. This guy was making guitars out of random objects. Sim cards, pencils, jawbreaker candies. The items are encased in clear epoxy to make the guitar body. Why not hockey cards? That's an "another day" project, but one I like to try.

PM coming
    Trade List Hidden Content
    Set Needs Hidden Content
    15/16 OPC Platinum - Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I see where you're coming from on that... but I would say this:

If you were to sell a 5,000 count box of common cards for $20, that means that someone is paying less than half-a-cent per card.

At that price, someone might think "hmmm, maybe there's a couple of good cards left in the box by accident" - but I can't imagine anyone thinking that there is anything good in the box, if you're selling it that cheap.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast