Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country
    Twitter: @HeroesofCrease See FanaticofTKD's Items on eBay Instagram:

How "Sved" It Is To Have This New Goalie Museum Addition!

After a bit of a lull in my museum additions, I am on a roll now. With this one down, I am waiting on one more in the mail! Anyways, before I begin, if you like all things goaltending from exciting pieces to trivia, to forgotten gems, don't forget to do the whole shebang: "LIKE" BRC Goaltending Museum on Facebook, "FOLLOW" BrCGoalieMuseum on Twitter, BRC Goaltending Museum on Instagram, and "SUBSCRIBE" on Youtube. Anyways, onto the show!

Born on September 4, 1989 in Sollentuna, Sweden, Niklas Svedberg became a solid prospect emerging from the Swedish Leagues after a great junior career in Sweden as well. His impeccable skills internationally, including winning the SHL's championship, prompted Boston to sign him as a free agent following that victory in 2012. He was assigned to their AHL affiliate in 2013-14, where he appeared in 48 games, recording an impressive 2.17GAA and 0.925% save average. He led Providence to the semi-finals of the Calder Cup playoffs when the team went from leading three games to none, to losing the series to Wilkes-Barre. The following season, he continued his strong regular season play and earned himself a pair of recalls by Boston. On January 2, 2014, he was given the start in net against the Nashville Predators. He stopped 33 of 35 shots in a 3-2 overtime win. The following season, he earned the role of full-time back-up to Tuukka Rask. He appeared in 18 games, recording a 7-5-1 record with two shutouts, a 2.33GAA and a 0.918% save average. After that season, he decided to head to the KHL, where he played for a pair of competent seasons. In 2017-18, Svedberg was signed by the Minnesota Wild. Though he spent the majority of the season in the AHL, he was recalled for two games by the main squad, though did not get into any NHL action. Following that season, he returned to Sweden where he plays in the main league there to this day.

In his NHL career, Svedberg appeared in 19 games and recorded an 8-5-1 record with two shutouts, a 2.31GAA, and a 0.920% save average. He did not see any NHL playoff action.

What you are looking at right now is a 2014-15 Boston Bruins Third Set 2 jersey. In it, Svedberg backed up once and saw game action three times, including the final win and final NHL game played of his career. The wear on the crest is quite pronounced and consists of several heavy black marks, including one which damaged the "S" on the crest. Stunning!

Acquired From: Meigray Group with LOA

Dates of Game Use:
    Feb 28, 2015 v Arizona (back-up only)
    Mar 8, 2015 v Detroit (36-39, 5-3W)
    Mar 17, 2015 v Buffalo (23-24, 2-1SOL)
    Mar 28, 2015 v New York Rangers (16-18, 4-2)

Photomatched: Yes

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Coyotes Detroit Red Wings Michigan State Spartans
    Twitter: @chisparty07 Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

Cool jersey!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Nice jersey! Really liked those Bruins sweaters.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

awesome stuff