Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

I dealt cards in the early-mid 1990s just when graded cards were starting to come on. I always considered them too expensive and I mostly got out of collecting. Then I got back into non-sports a few years ago (mostly the 1966 Batman set and old Beatles sets) and soon discovered that graded cards where a heck of a lot easier to sell when I wanted to move on. Well, and also that raw cards that looked okay on ebay photos could often be pretty crummy in real life.

I got back into collecting a couple of months ago when i started cleaning out my attic of all my old 90s junk. I became interested in 1970s basketball and started buying a few star cards that I'd messed up as a kid. Since I know somebody's going to have to sell them one day, graded cards are the simplest and seem to hold their value as much as anything does. I buy only PSA for simplicity and the sheer number of them available. I do think they "grade on a curve" with some older cards and often inflate grades to the point to where it almost seems like they favor certain large customers. I see PSA 8's with two or three soft corners and 60/40 centering and go "Hmm, why does this PSA 7 look so much better at a third of the price?"
    Last edited by BobWeissGuy; 06-07-2020 at 11:04 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys
    See krunchtyme's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

@BobWeissGuy

I agree with you. I've got 9's I sent in that look better than some 10's I've seen on the market. I do think sometimes the graders get a little lacks with some bigger customers. Thanks for responding.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bears TCU Horned Frogs

Say what??? Customer name is “supposed” to be removed so graders have no idea who their grading for. Ok ya right I’m not that naive.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys

@FireRob

Do you collect any 92 Wild Card 50 Strip cards? I think I have a Jim Everett.

Oh you need to scan your cards into the Inventory Manager so the rest of us can see what you have. Trust me, I know it takes some time, but it will make it so much easier in the long run, especially when you apply for HOF status!
    Last edited by krunchtyme; 06-13-2020 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Updated thread

SCF Rewards
    Country

@FireRob

Do you collect any 92 Wild Card 50 Strip cards? I think I have a Jim Everett.

Oh you need to scan your cards into the Inventory Manager so the rest of us can see what you have. Trust me, I know it takes some time, but it will make it so much easier in the long run, especially when you apply for HOF status!

nope, I don’t, at least not in general. The ones I have mentioned in my signature are Mike Singletary’s I have been looking for. I have the 1,000, 100, and 5 stripe cards but need the 10,20,50. Graded or not. Actually probably prefer raw.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Oh and yes I see the benefits of having my inventory scanned and saved here. I don’t have a scanner. I take pics with my phone. Is that good enough or do modern day scanners make it easier to load them now days? I actually don’t even have a computer, use my phone for everything.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys

@FireRob

Wow, I have never tried it from a phone. Super valid point though!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys

OK everyone... I re-uped my PSA account.

If you send in a ton (100 cards) you can knock the price to $10 a card. I will see if any one is interested and if we can get to 100 cards, I'll send in an order... Or quarterly grading specials, which were actually pretty good this quarter. Cards from the 80's 8.88 a card, 70's I think were lower.

I don't see this becoming an all the time thing, but if it happens once and goes well, we can always try again!

Side note: Just sent in 25 Jordans, so we will see how that goes.

SCF Rewards
    Country

OK everyone... I re-uped my PSA account.

If you send in a ton (100 cards) you can knock the price to $10 a card. I will see if any one is interested and if we can get to 100 cards, I'll send in an order... Or quarterly grading specials, which were actually pretty good this quarter. Cards from the 80's 8.88 a card, 70's I think were lower.

I don't see this becoming an all the time thing, but if it happens once and goes well, we can always try again!

Side note: Just sent in 25 Jordans, so we will see how that goes.

I might be very interested in joining a bulk submission. I am sure I have about 50 cards at least I want sent off for grading. Possibly more. I looked at the quarterly specials and that ‘80’s is for baseball only. I only do football.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco 49ers Chicago Bulls
    Twitter: @Bluddsport See eppiccollector's Items on eBay Instagram:

1. Which grader do you prefer and why?

I dont care who grades it as long as its BGS or PSA. I could give Arguments for and against both but for the most part the grades seem to come out the way they should. Sometimes I'm a little disappointed but can't be happy all the time.

2. What do you collect?

I collect legends and HOF players and 49ers. I honestly collect more than that but too much to list.

3. How often do you send cards in to be graded?

Probably 5 times a year. More if I can. Love graded cards. People just dont want to pay or trade what they're worth. So i keep the goodies. But I'm always open to trade. I may be frugal but can you blame me or anyone else who sinks thousands into this hobby lol??

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast