Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Ballplayer Melissa Mayeux Should Be Drafted This June

Major League Baseball will have its annual June Draft on the 10th and 11th. This year it’s gone through a big change. It’s only five rounds long and players won’t be getting nearly what they used to upfront because of the pandemic and the change in the format. One storyline could be the drafting of shortstop Melissa Mayeux.

Now 21, she made headlines at 16, playing in the U18s against men. Then MLB added her to the national registry in 2015. She has continued to play ball. Softball at Miami Dade and baseball in select tournaments around the country. At Miami Dade, she hit .371 with eight homers and 27 RBI.

http://www.sportsology.com/ballplaye...ted-this-june/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

This is going to be very interesting to follow going to watching this very close

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

if there were 20-25 rounds, maybe. No one will waste pick on these five rounds.Possibly signs as FA.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues St Louis Cardinals Illinois Fighting Illini
    See markw2856's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

The usual draft is around 40 rounds plus compensatory picks. I hope I get to one day see a female play in the Majors but I don't see it with this girl. She was a good story a number of years ago when she was younger. Played baseball and transitioned to softball a few years back when she came to the US. It was a feel good story but she struggled at that time playing baseball. Went to Miami Dade and had to work to get a scholarship to Louisiana Ragin Cajuns. If you want to give this young woman a spring training tryout I am all game but she hasn't earned more than that. (She isn't the top player or two on her college team)

The person who wrote this article should have looked at the numbers she is putting up this year alone in softball

In 21 games hitting

.294 Batting Avg OBP .368

12 strikeouts, 5 walks

In 23 games fielding

6 errors .846% fielding
    Last edited by markw2856; 05-29-2020 at 06:02 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The usual draft is around 40 rounds plus compensatory picks. I hope I get to one day see a female play in the Majors but I don't see it with this girl. She was a good story a number of years ago when she was younger. Played baseball and transitioned to softball a few years back when she came to the US. It was a feel good story but she struggled at that time playing baseball. Went to Miami Dade and had to work to get a scholarship to Louisiana Ragin Cajuns. If you want to give this young woman a spring training tryout I am all game but she hasn't earned more than that. (She isn't the top player or two on her college team)

The person who wrote this article should have looked at the numbers she is putting up this year alone in softball

In 21 games hitting

12 strikeouts, 5 walks

In 23 games fielding

6 errors .846% fielding

Mark I messaged the writer to possibly chime in on your argument. Hopefully, he will give his insights.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country

Cool!

Yeah that was not a knock on Melissa Mayeux at all. She is one of a few girls that played baseball for majority of her early years and switched to softball for college on that Louisiana roster alone.

The author wrote this piece yesterday. The MLB draft is usually 40 rounds plus compensatory picks. This year it is 5 rounds and the author believes she should be drafted. On what merit should she be drafted at all, let alone a 5 round draft? Am curious what year he got the Finley and Larkin opinions from. I know Larkin worked with like 5 years ago at a tournament and said this. This is when she was playing overseas not in the US. Did Larkin or Finley say this again lately? They also forgot to include the baseball stats at the time when she did play. Batting Avg was below the Mendoza line and she got rocked in short appearance pitching.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See wavescrashing's Items on eBay

In 21 games hitting

12 strikeouts, 5 walks

In 23 games fielding

6 errors .846% fielding

Strong argument and you're probably right in terms of the outcome of this years' draft, but I do hope to see a female player in a starting role in the MLB before I leave this marble.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Cool!

Yeah that was not a knock on Melissa Mayeux at all. She is one of a few girls that played baseball for majority of her early years and switched to softball for college on that Louisiana roster alone.

The author wrote this piece yesterday. The MLB draft is usually 40 rounds plus compensatory picks. This year it is 5 rounds and the author believes she should be drafted. On what merit should she be drafted at all, let alone a 5 round draft? Am curious what year he got the Finley and Larkin opinions from. I know Larkin worked with like 5 years ago at a tournament and said this. This is when she was playing overseas not in the US. Did Larkin or Finley say this again lately? They also forgot to include the baseball stats at the time when she did play. Batting Avg was below the Mendoza line and she got rocked in short appearance pitching.

It is all good. I just think discussion is good especially when it is constructive. Nothing like debating sports.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country

I agree with this 100%

Like I stated earlier I would love to see this during my lifetime. Melissa Mayeux was super athletic at a young age. I hope the best for her and more props if she would get drafted. I don't see her being a top softball player in college let alone her own team(which is quite good). Maybe there are some pieces I am missing and the author knows....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

I think the best shot for female major league would be in one of these positions
    hockey-goaltender
    baseball pitcher
    fb, placekicker
    bsktb point guard
    soccer forward
    someone is bound to break thru.
    wasn't there a young lady last who looked pretty with placekicks?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast