Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bears TCU Horned Frogs

Interesting statistic. Another post got me thinking. I had been out of collecting from 2005 until this last seasons cards. I am missing lots of cards during those years. Cards I know I’ll never get. But I’m a bit proud of my 2019 collection as a whole so far.

2019 Statistics

222 cards made
    Currently I am missing 62
    44 of those are numbered to 6 or less with most being X/2 or X/1

SCF Rewards
    Country

Today’s mail. A 1/1 from 2004 I didn’t think I’d ever own since it’s been so long, a nice auto and some more odd balls. One is a game ticket from 1998 season (year he was inducted into HOF) the two slides are what the TV networks used to show the player photos when they talked about the player during the game. Also interesting to note one is the same photo that is used on his 1985 Topps card.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Oklahoma City Thunder Los Angeles Dodgers
    See 22chrisbrown29's Items on eBay

Awesome!

I'm curious, did you get the slides from Ebay? I player collect a player from the 80's and there is one of those up on ebay of him right now and I keep going back and forth on getting it. The asking price is like $10. Are they worth it in your opinion at that price? The player is a common player, probably only a Giants fan would have heard of him lol!

SCF Rewards
    Country

@BlackDiam0nd66. Yes I got them off eBay. These have been on my eBay watch list for a while as well. I think they started out at $10-15. They dropped down to $5 for one and $8 for the other and combined shipping was like $1. Or maybe I made an offer, I have forgotten already but my history showed I paid 5 and 8. Worth it??? At any price??? Hard to say. I do like the odd ball stuff and this is odd for sure. For one the technology has changed so much these are so obsolete for today that’s just kinda a cool factor. They aren’t as clear and easy to see the pictures in person. I don’t even know what I’ll do with them other than get thrown in a box and looked at every so often.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not Singletary but since there isn’t a Show N Tell section in the Graded or Vintage I’ll just show these off in this thread.

The oldest and newest Bears HOF Linebackers. Yes Bulldog was inducted more for being a center but was also the first of a great lineage of Bears LB’s.

SCF Rewards
    Country

@BlackDiam0nd66. Yes I got them off eBay. These have been on my eBay watch list for a while as well. I think they started out at $10-15. They dropped down to $5 for one and $8 for the other and combined shipping was like $1. Or maybe I made an offer, I have forgotten already but my history showed I paid 5 and 8. Worth it??? At any price??? Hard to say. I do like the odd ball stuff and this is odd for sure. For one the technology has changed so much these are so obsolete for today that’s just kinda a cool factor. They aren’t as clear and easy to see the pictures in person. I don’t even know what I’ll do with them other than get thrown in a box and looked at every so often.

Yeah, the one I am considering getting is at $9.95 or something. It's of Lionel Manuel. I know I'm probably going to go ahead and end up getting it lol. Sometimes you just gotta do it!

That 48 Bowman vintage card is awesome!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Does it have a “best offer”? I’m fairly sure mine did. Maybe it’s the same seller and he will accept a lower offer?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Top left counter clockwise

2007 Leaf Limited Team Trademarks AU/GU 20/25
    2019 Flawless Career Progressions 1/10
    1991 Fleer oddball print error w wrong and upside down back
    2018 Absolute Iconic Ink Platinum 1/1 with McMichael Hampton and Fencik autographs.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice!!

I remember when error cards and promo cards were a huge thing back in the late 80's/early 90's

I went to the 1991 National Sportscard Convention (it was, hands down, the BEST time I have ever had having to do with sportscards!).

I stood in line for maybe 20 minutes to get a promo bag of different cards and stuff....some guy syas "pssst" at me when I get out of the line....offered me a hundred bucks for the promo bag..........absolutely took the money! Someone I was hanging out with that I had met in the line to get in (actually, he was Duke Sniders nephew....I didn't believe him until he introduced me to him lol) gave me his promo bag because he really didn't collect cards.

Anyways, I remember at the show, error cards were going for a ridiculous amount of money!

I really like the Hampton/Fencik autograph. Gary Fencik is my all time favorite Bears player, aside from Walter.

SCF Rewards
    Country

@BlackDiamb0nd66

great story about the ‘91 NCS!!! I would love to go to one some day. A buddy invited me to go with him last year or year before in Chicago but just couldn’t afford the time or money to do it.

Thanks for the comment on the Fencik. It is only my second Fencik auto card and first one combined with Singletary. I have lots of Singletary with McMichael and/or Hampton cards.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast