Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Poll: Best card with a story?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See aweeks711's Items on eBay

Voting: Show & Tell Contest 12.0 - FINAL WEEK!

The winner of week 29 was johnse27! Second place was Uhtred.the.viking :)

johnse27:

Things are tough in the world today and it is at times like these you see some of the great and considerate people out there. I recently posted a set of memorabilia cards from the 00-01 Black Diamond set which is as follows:

To complete this this set I needed the Barrasso and Fuhr cards.

A few days later I contacted a member who has always been helpful to me whenever I need a card from a seller that won't sell to Canada. I was looking for help getting a few patch cards for another set, and he again helped which I always appreciate. When the three patch cards arrived included in the package was the following card that got me one closer to completing the set. Despite the fact he and his family have had some changes in their status due to the pandemic, this individual would not accept payment for the card. It is people like this that makes this hobby enjoyable and offsets the occasional bad experience. I hope to someday repay or pay forward to other collects the way this collector did for me.

Here is the card I received

Sorry I put the original card in instead of the contest one.

09232003:

So back in 07-08 season I was with another trading site that was great, we were able to meet once a year sometimes twice and a local hall or hotel and we had member brings stuff to trade buy and sell. We had food and drinks, it was great to meet people who you traded with alot or the year but never meet in person before. so in 2007 we had a raffle draw for alot of boxes and other prizes, and that night I was lucky to win a tin of 2007-08 sweet shots and one of the best pulls I had of the season was a Carey Price Sweet shot Signature Saves Stick signings #/25.

I was stunned at this card and there was a felow trader there that was a huge Habs fan and Carey price was one of his PC Players. We talked alot during the night and he also saw my Newest Pull and was interested, I also had a nice GU patch of Joe sakic he likee too, so I was scanning his table and did not see anything I would trade for, he then says I know your a penguins fan and he said he has a card that he know I have been chasing for 2 years, so he pulls this bad boy out of his private box, and I looked it over and said hell yeah we have a trade, we were both happy and the night was great , lots of trades and great stories and drinks too.

scarrman:

Not sure this story matches up to the above, but I got this card a few years back. My wife is against my card collection, just doesn't get it, doesn't understand it, and doesn't like me spending the money I do. That being said, she gave me a Christmas present and this card was inside! Not a major card, but we both grew up in Edmonton and she went out of her to way to go a shop I dealt with, and bought this card for me. Was pretty cool that she made the effort and bought a nice card for me. I think that was a turning point, cuz after that we open some boxes together, and she has taken more interest in what I collect.

scars.jpg

Uhtred.the.viking:

Iginla MTO Lace 'Em Up

I realize this is a MTO card, but that's not the most important part of this post. It's about making connections in the hobby, and cultivating those relationships. A good friend of mine, and fellow Iginla collector sent me a message recently asking if I would be willing to purchase a MTO card for Iggy. He had been talking to Dr. Price, to see if he could get an Iginla card with skate memorabilia on it. To make the cost reasonable, more than one card had to be made. Of course I agreed! Thinking back to when MTO cards were being sold on eBay, it was almost impossible to get one, with very competitive auctions. Thanks to my friendship, and Dr. Price's willingness to make personal cards for collectors, I was able to acquire this card.
    Last edited by aweeks; 06-02-2020 at 05:17 PM.

Dispute Team Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Dallas Cowboys Pittsburgh Penguins New York Yankees
    See etmill01's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

Voted...Ed

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Voted!

Bake
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

voted

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (114)
    Country

voted

SCF Rewards
    Country