Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Tips on profiting?

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Raw Pettersson were selling for $150 on January 1st 2021

A week later they sell for $250+

That seems crazy to me, but what do I know?

How did one go for $570 ?????

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nick Suzuki raw yg all sells for over $100 at the moment, average sales were $50 a couple of weeks ago

Hockey card market is crazy right now

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Michigan Wolverines Seattle Seahawks
    Twitter: @kylemclaren7 See kydollarsign's Items on eBay Instagram:

If I spend 40 hours a week working, and 10 hours a week trying to find good deals / flip cards for a profit: I suspect I'd be much farther ahead if I just worked 50 hours a week.... but for a lot of people, that wouldn't be nearly as much fun.

This - this isn't a living for 99% of us. If all you care about is making the most $ per hour, go work some more lol. This is fun money

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just remember ..... right now we arnt super smart investors who saw this massive price jump ...... nobody saw this jump come to Hockey. It has never come to Hockey like it has before. We never saw the big pre-season spike in cards like we do today. Weve never seen a card skyrocket after a guy got a hattrick in a regular season game.

There is new money in the Hockey game right now because the other sports are too expensive.

Its great for the hobby, as long as you purchased what you wanted before the spike.

I can guarantee you 90% of the top tier YGs that are selling are going to the new collector ...... and lets not forget about buying groups
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I finished up my last of the 70's OPC and WHA sets early last year, looking at prices now I am glad I did. Complete set prices are skyrocketing as well, and I am glad they are because it's really about time. Was a shame how low pricing was for so many years. It is great to see what is finally happening to Gretzky, Lemieux, Roy RCs, never mind Crosby/Ovy/McDavid blowing up. It's like a good upturn in the stock market finally, everyone loves seeing the value of what they have increase. Of course it sucks if you are a buyer, just think of the stock deals that were out last spring, you were a genius if you jumped on them, very much like the card market. No one saw either one coming. This spike in hockey card values is long, long overdue, I just hope the numbers stick and don't crash down.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Buy low , sell high lol, that goes without saying. Buying collections is a good idea or hope to hell when you buy boxes you hit good cards!!Your b
    etter off selling on EBay as well, most members here who buy want the cards for a deal so you wont make money here. I'd like to rephrase what i just said but dont wanna get into trouble (again)!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Yes buy low sell high. Sounds so simple and yet if you are emotionally connected to the sport or the cards, one tends to want to keep the valuable cards and sell the "cheap stuff."
    An example for me is to get rid of my Tofolli YGs and keep my Draisaitl YGs...
    Glad I didn't get rid of the Toffolis before this season...Should probably just hold them and most decent YGs as they were all way undervalued for a long time.
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Investment mailday:

If you want to make money, invest in Mackinnon, he's not only elite but he also plays for a team that has a good chance to be a contender for many years to come with Mack, Rantanen, Makar and Sakic as a GM.

2 years bump

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

@Oviefan5252

How does the profiting go for you?

Don

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    COMC Cards For Sale