Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The post to vent.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bears TCU Horned Frogs

First thing is you can't use a value you found in a price guide to make an offer. I sell a decent amount of stuff on eBay and there are a lot of cards that sell higher than what Beckett lists them at. Just the other day I sold a Mike Trout card that Beckett lists with a high value of $6.00 for $30.00 on eBay.

If you want to use a better gauge for cards values you need to look at completed sold auctions to find the true value of something.

Any chance you could tell us the card you made an offer on and what he was asking for it?

it was actually a PSA graded card and I was using the past auction prices along with PSA’s value listing of the card and that is how I came up with my offer price.

While I agree with you mostly. Using price guides prices as a starting point has got to be the best option out there for cards that don’t sell often or cards that have been listed repeatedly and not sold. Yes cards will sell more and shouldn’t the price guide represent that soon with an increase in price value. Assuming these guides are doing their research.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bears TCU Horned Frogs

Time for another gripe. This one is about PSA and a 10 that shouldn’t be a 10.

one of the three different cards is a Gem Mint 10 the other two are a 9. Can you guess which one? I’ll post later with which one is or you can look up the numbers and find out for your self.
    well shoot. I don’t know why but it’s not posting all the pictures but it’s one 10 and one 9

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12