Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bears TCU Horned Frogs

Explain Beckett Raw Card Review to me please

What exactly am I seeing here?
    I am seeing more and more cards that are in a card saver with a Beckett sticker across the opening and a grade. I assume someone sends in the card to be graded but chooses to not have it slabbed? Why???? Why go through the trouble? Why not have it encased in their slab if your going to send it in for a grade? Seems way easier to tamper with. Is it because they think they may not like the grade and are going to send it to PSA or someone else as well? Is it because of the raw card collectors who don’t like slabbed cards and they are trying to please both possible buyers? I’m a raw card guy by the way. Almost every graded card I own I also have the same card not graded.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

I know alot of guys that hate this they seem to have it done by beckett then sent to another for fiished and encased grade but i am not 100 percent sure

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bears TCU Horned Frogs

Ooops. Intended to post this in the general forum. Especially not Football Show N Tell.
    @camsue just strikes me as very strange. I actually didn’t buy a card I was interested in because I didn’t really know what the label really meant.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Braves New York Jets Duke Blue Devils
    See ctpep6's Items on eBay

I always thought that you can get cards raw graded at card shows or something. Cheaper, but also not always as accurate as if you sent it in and got it slabbed. I may be mistaken though
    My Flickr:
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hinkstercards's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

As I remember, when bgs does onsite grading you can pay a lower price per card for a raw review. If you like the grade you get, you can pay the difference and have it slabbed. If you don't like the grade you just take it home.
    Someone please correct me if that's not how it works any more.