Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

Question for fellow SCFers

I recently had an issue that all most cost me my freedom and job. I ask what would you guys and gals do in this situation. My nephews and I took a all day road trip as promised looking for bowman they had been mowing lawns and helping my wife around the house while i have been working 12-14 hour days.for 5-7 day stretches. We finally hit a walmart that had them in stock as we arrived there was a fellow collector who had his entire cart filled with everything off the shelf leaving the sports card isle. I asked him twice come on man all we wanted was a blaster or two and fat pack a piece for my two nephews. They of course are chasing dominguez. His response was less than ideal pretty much we should have bleep bleep been there earlier offering to sell them to me once he checked out at a ten dollar a piece mark up. We exchange a few pleasentries to which security came over and they stated there is no limit policy which i already knew but i just wanted to know if anybody had an issues similar to this. I sent my nephews to th evideo game section before wee started our convo.
    Last edited by camsue; 06-19-2020 at 01:05 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants New York Rangers

camsue- While he might have legally been okay to do what he did, that was a crappy thing to do. But considering people used to use scales and other devices to find the packs with inserts, it doesn't surprise me. We should be taking steps to encourage more young people into the hobby. Unfortunately there are jerks everywhere.
    Always Looking for:

A) Graded Vintage (Pre-1980) (BGS, BVG, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    B) Graded True RC's (No inserts or parallels) (BGS, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    C) Certified Auto and GU cards of players from the 70's and further back in all sports

SCF Rewards
    Country

Exactly it was hard to explain to them but i think they understand.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants New York Rangers

Exactly it was hard to explain to them but i think they understand.

I'm sure they understand; they don't want to admit that their behavior is horrible.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys
    See krunchtyme's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

SMH....Really, I hope those boxes were sitting in water for a week. LOL Sucks, but learning moment for your nephews. We try to treat people how we want to be treated, even though he didn't do anything illegal, or even, "wrong", we try to share with others when possible. Maybe it wasn't possible for him...

SCF Rewards
    Country

SMH....Really, I hope those boxes were sitting in water for a week. LOL Sucks, but learning moment for your nephews. We try to treat people how we want to be treated, even though he didn't do anything illegal, or even, "wrong", we try to share with others when possible. Maybe it wasn't possible for him...

Def a learning moment for everybody involved i have been in this hobby 40 years and it just doesnt seem to be getting better and its so hard to keep the kids off the video games and find common ground in sports cards

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. The greed and selfishness of many collectors is probably my #1 pet peeve about this "hobby". Many dealers (and card manufacturers) can also be very greedy, snapping up the supply of hot products at card shows from other dealers before you arrive. I am a set-builder and it is frustrating when there is a card that I need and someone wants a ridiculous amount for it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Walmart sucks, I avoid that place like I do the plague. That guy is a real tool who gives the hobby a bad name.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Guy was a hoarder.......had no feelings for anyone but himself! Stores in my area like Target are now limiting the amount an individual can purchase! Best regards, David PS Hi Camsue!
    Last edited by David K.; 10-07-2020 at 12:19 AM.