Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: 90s Randomness

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Penn State Nittany Lions New York Yankees Washington Capitals
    Twitter: @@VamosCards See jmc_70's Items on eBay Instagram: Upper Deck ePack

90s Randomness

Greetings everybody.

I'm new to the world of collecting as an adult, thanks to Jabs Family and the youtube algorithm.

I've been going through my "collection" from my childhood, and I've got about 500-600 cards from roughly 1990-2000. I'd buy a pack here or there, and there isn't any real focus to what I have.

I'm noticing I have cards from 93/94 Parkhurst, 97/98 Pinnacle, 98/99 Pacific (Omega and Paramount), 95/96 Score, some Premier and Pro Set, amongst a few others.

After I spent about 3.5 hours today cataloging 170 of the 500-600 cards, I guess I have a general question of should I keep cataloging them so that I can post them for trade/sale here, or if there's nothing that's going to be that special and isn't of value, should I stop or just organize them better.

Thanks.

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @Attackfan74

if you have the spare time go ahead. there may not be a lot of demand for them, but there are always set collectors and player collectors who may have an interest. And having all your traders in one spot certainly will make trading/selling easier
    Bobby Ryan NON 1/1 PC 1280/1339 95.6%
    Aidan Dudas NON 1/1 PC 47/47 100%!!!!!
    Nick Suzuki PC 152 cards
    Wayne Gretzky PC 1593 cards
    Wade Boggs PC 359 cards
    Tony Gwynn PC 187 cards
    Derek Jeter PC 90 cards

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

if you have the spare time go ahead. there may not be a lot of demand for them, but there are always set collectors and player collectors who may have an interest. And having all your traders in one spot certainly will make trading/selling easier

What he said! You might help some set builder! Also, there are some obscure parallels/inserts in that stuff that can get some attention.
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I figured a better process today.

Spent an hour creating piles of the same set. 12 year old me had grouped by team. What a fool!

Now that I've got mostly everything sorted by set, this should go by quicker. I've decided that I hate Score, Upper Deck, and Pinnacle. Tough to tell the differences between some of the years in those sets.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The late 90s years are super hard to put together by year make and model. I have found that typing them into Beckett helps since those Copyright tiny lettering is the only way to find out what year they are, and our eyes aren't exactly getting better from those days.

Good luck with everything, it's a fun hobby!

As far as trading, anything that is an insert, rookie or serial numbered is worth a mention.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

gfel2795, you aren't kidding! My eyes aren't bad but even I needed more light to see a bunch of 'em!
    Last edited by costanza; 06-29-2020 at 09:59 PM.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Lots of fun cards from that era. The whole "90s stuff is worthless" thing is very overstated. There are some very valuable cards, from right across the decade..... but most of it, it's hard to find much interest in. Not many people are looking for base cards from 1995 Score.

Lots of fun looking through that old stuff though. I've still got a lot of old 90s sets I did, and enjoy flipping through them once in a while.