Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Which team in prelims is most likely to punt to get a chance at #1?

Players don't "punt." An organization might assess that it would be in its long-term interests to draft Lafreniere ahead of some star-fated run to the Cup. You will NEVER convince any of these players to lay down. They've been competitors since the first time they put on a pair of skates; you don't make it to the NHL by half-measures. You're all out balls out 100% of the time. No coach is going to say to a Shea Weber, "take one for the team" or tell Jonathan Toews that "this isn't the year for you, son."
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Players don't "punt." An organization might assess that it would be in its long-term interests to draft Lafreniere ahead of some star-fated run to the Cup. You will NEVER convince any of these players to lay down. They've been competitors since the first time they put on a pair of skates; you don't make it to the NHL by half-measures. You're all out balls out 100% of the time. No coach is going to say to a Shea Weber, "take one for the team" or tell Jonathan Toews that "this isn't the year for you, son."

Totally agree. Players don't lay it down for the sake of the organizations future. The organization wouldn't do the same for them, and the players are going to give 100% on the ice no matter the outcome. Up the latter the organization and fans probably have their preferecnes on what should/could happen, which is fair, but the players are going all-in every game, especially the playoffs.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

How displeased are you right now, if you're a Red Wings fans?

Life of the franchise. Nothing worse when you cannot beat the odds. End up with the best odds in getting the first pick and you end up getting the worst pick you possibly could. Sounds like a lot of people box breaks lol.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

If I were a betting man I'd bet that the place holder team that got 1st is the placeholder for the Pit/Mon series.

Either way the league can't lose. Montreal loses they get Aexis the native frenchman would be huge! Pittsburgh loses they get Alexis to replace the aging pair of Crosby/Malkin and keeps the Pens relevant. Remember before Crosby/Malkin when the Pens were debating relocating?

No matter what happens in the Pit/Mon series the league can't lose with either of those 2 teams getting Alexis.

And yes as a Wings fan/season ticket holder I'm pissed lol.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

If I were a betting man I'd bet that the place holder team that got 1st is the placeholder for the Pit/Mon series.

Either way the league can't lose. Montreal loses they get Aexis the native frenchman would be huge! Pittsburgh loses they get Alexis to replace the aging pair of Crosby/Malkin and keeps the Pens relevant. Remember before Crosby/Malkin when the Pens were debating relocating?

No matter what happens in the Pit/Mon series the league can't lose with either of those 2 teams getting Alexis.

And yes as a Wings fan/season ticket holder I'm pissed lol.

That's not how the 2nd round of the draft works. Please see above.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

That's not how the 2nd round of the draft works. Please see above.

My bad, league made this way too confusing lol.

I'm still going to say that whoever loses between the Pens and the Habs is who's going to win the first overall. Is that better?

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

My bad, league made this way too confusing lol.

I'm still going to say that whoever loses between the Pens and the Habs is who's going to win the first overall. Is that better?

Half of me hopes you are right. LOL It's either 1st or 9th for the Habs if they lose to Pittsburgh. It looks like Perfetti has moved up in the rankings a bit, and likely wouldn't be available at #9, and he's a guy I like. So Lafreniere it is.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Brian Burke put it best “it’s a disgrace”. I would rather say “it was fixed” to drum up support for phase 2 of the draft. Come on, anyone with half a brain could see the smirk on Daly’s face when he revealed the 1st pick. It’s like Mr Evil hatching his diabolical plan

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Brian Burke put it best “it’s a disgrace”. I would rather say “it was fixed” to drum up support for phase 2 of the draft. Come on, anyone with half a brain could see the smirk on Daly’s face when he revealed the 1st pick. It’s like Mr Evil hatching his diabolical plan

Brian Burke is basically Don Cherry, without being wrapped in the Maple Leaf. He's an excellent story teller (and has excellent stories to tell) but I could find better hockey analysis if I went to the broadcast journalism department, at a local community college.

Yeah, the NHL draft lottery is rigged. Of course. I mean, let's ignore how bad the league would look if (when) that secret ever came out. It is so clearly not rigged. It's not even a little bit rigged. You know why? 2015. That's the only piece of evidence one needs, and it's not even close.

In my lifetime I've seen two players that received the same level of hype as McDavid. Crosby & Lindros. That's it. If there was ever a year to rig it, that would be the one. Of the 30 teams they could have rigged it for: Edmonton would have been the last place the league would have wanted him to end up.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Pretty much.

Players don't tank. Period. Too much pride. You can't even ask them to do that.

GMs can certainly put their teams in a position to lose. The Red Wings finishing last was not a fluke. At this point? No, nobody is tanking for a 12.5% chance to win the lottery.

I'm sure everyone of those players would love to play on a line with Alexis. They'd love to win a Stanley Cup more.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast