Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Happy Canada Day! Show Off Your Team Canada PC Cards!

Open thread - show off some Canadian flavour!

The 2015 WJC Gold Medal Game is on right now - this team was amazing.

One of my favourite images:

Carey Appreciation Section:

Carey Canvas.jpg

Addison Pic.jpgByram 1.jpgHofer 1.jpgThomas 2.jpg

I've got soooooo much more I want to share but for some reason Facebook isn't letting my copy photos. Enjoy!
    Last edited by RGM81; 07-01-2020 at 03:23 PM.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I have lots.... but I'll pick this one for fun:

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Sweet cards! Here are some Canada things from my Fleury PC:

The Cup Programme Of Excellence Autograph /10

Team Canada Master Collection Base /499

The Cup Scripted Swatches /35

UD Clear Cut POE /99

ITG Canada vs The World
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Those are some sweet Fleury Canada cards--love it!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

I got four ladies:

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Love the ladies! Some great auto patches!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs

Love the ladies! Some great auto patches!

I know this thread is supposed to shine a spotlight on Canadian players and the following rant deserves its own thread, but I feel like women around the world are severely underrepresented in the hobby.

As a rookie card collector, it irks me that the only women to receive RCs are: Angela James, Nancy Drolet, Lesley Reddon, Hayley Wickenheiser, Vicky Sunohara, Cassie Campbell, Geraldine Heaney, Judy Diduck, France St. Louis, Danielle Goyette, Therese Brisson, Stacey Wilson, Danielle Dube, Jayna Hefford, Luce Letendre, Lori Dupuis, Rebecca Fahey, Fiona Smith, Laura Schuler, and Karen Nystrom (1997-98 Collector's Choice). The only other woman to have an RC is Cammi Granato, who married Canadian player Ray Ferraro, so she's Canadian by association LOL. Other great ladies like Marie Philip Poulin, Jennifer Botterill, and Manon Rheaume of Canada do not.

Americans Jenny Potter, Natalie Darwitz, Karyn Bye, Katie King, Hilary Knight, Jocelyne and Monique Lamoureux, Tricia Dunn, Tara Mounsey, Kacey Bellamy, Caitlin Cahow, Julie Chu, Kendall Coyne-Schofield Meghan Duggan, and Amanda Kessel should have RCs

From Emilia Ramboldt and Kim Martin in Sweden to Florence Schelling and Laura Benz in Switzerland, to Noora Raty, Linda Välimäki, Michelle Karvinen, and Jenni Hiirikoski in Finland, women should have a more visible representation in the hobby.
    Last edited by Leafsman; 07-02-2020 at 04:11 PM.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

I know this thread is supposed to shine a spotlight on Canadian players and the following rant deserves its own thread, but I feel like women around the world are severely underrepresented in the hobby.

As a rookie card collector, it irks me that the only women to receive RCs are: Angela James, Nancy Drolet, Lesley Reddon, Hayley Wickenheiser, Vicky Sunohara, Cassie Campbell, Geraldine Heaney, Judy Diduck, France St. Louis, Danielle Goyette, Therese Brisson, Stacey Wilson, Danielle Dube, Jayna Hefford, Luce Letendre, Lori Dupuis, Rebecca Fahey, Fiona Smith, Laura Schuler, and Karen Nystrom (1997-98 Collector's Choice). The only other woman to have an RC is Cammi Granato, who married Canadian player Ray Ferraro, so she's Canadian by association LOL. Other great ladies like Marie Philip Poulin, Jennifer Botterill, and Manon Rheaume of Canada do not.

Americans Jenny Potter, Natalie Darwitz, Karyn Bye, Katie King, Hilary Knight, Jocelyne and Monique Lamoureux, Tricia Dunn, Tara Mounsey, Kacey Bellamy, Caitlin Cahow, Julie Chu, Kendall Coyne-Schofield Meghan Duggan, and Amanda Kessel should have RCs

From Emilia Ramboldt and Kim Martin in Sweden to Florence Schelling and Laura Benz in Switzerland, to Noora Raty, Linda Välimäki, Michelle Karvinen, and Jenni Hiirikoski in Finland, women should have a more visible representation in the hobby.

There's a variety of reasons for this, but I would love to see more cards made for the women. Licensing is of course a key element to any cards getting an "RC" designation. I hope that Upper Deck can get on something with the PWHPA to make some products. It's a shame that the CWHL folded and there's such a state of flux right now for the game. There was some great momentum generated at the All Star Game this year--in the aftermath I picked up some Ann-Renee Desbiens cards from COMC and was going to send them out to her for a TTM...but the cards arrived just as the pandemic hit, and of course it's probably a waste of time right now sending anything in to the players c/o their teams.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs

There's a variety of reasons for this, but I would love to see more cards made for the women. Licensing is of course a key element to any cards getting an "RC" designation. I hope that Upper Deck can get on something with the PWHPA to make some products. It's a shame that the CWHL folded and there's such a state of flux right now for the game. There was some great momentum generated at the All Star Game this year--in the aftermath I picked up some Ann-Renee Desbiens cards from COMC and was going to send them out to her for a TTM...but the cards arrived just as the pandemic hit, and of course it's probably a waste of time right now sending anything in to the players c/o their teams.

Even if they could issue retrospective RCs for those players mentioned above, like they did with Vladislav Tretiak, that would be great.

I am also disappointed that Upper Deck and the IIHF have not come to another agreement to issue rookie cards in world junior uniforms, like they did in the 1990s. Hall of fame players like Jarome Iginla, Teemu Selanne, Nicklas Lidstrom, and Pavel Bure all have rookie cards featuring them in their country's uniform instead of their NHL team. How great would it be to see an Alexis Lafreniere rookie card with team Canada??
    Last edited by Leafsman; 07-02-2020 at 04:53 PM.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well you can get the pre-RC cards in stuff like Team Canada. But for my hobby dollars, I want Nick Suzuki rookie cards to be him in a Habs uniform. Not Team Canada. Not Draft Day. After he's played his first NHL game, gimme that YG in a Habs uni.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast