Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

What Do You Fellas Make Out of This Serial Numbered Mark Brunell Card? Ever See Anything Like It?

To start off, I generally collect hockey and a little bit of baseball on the side but on occasion when I buy a collection I get some football mixed in. Anyway, I was going through a mixed box of cards and came across this Mark Brunell card:

It's a 1995 Collectors Edge Mark Brunell Serial Numbered 1677/5000.

What makes it so unusual is that the card has a blank white front - I mean you can see the embossing on the card where Brunell's name was supposed to be, the design and the logo but it's a serial numbered card with a blank white front - I have never seen anything like it - at least for a serial numbered card. I mean I know on occasion blank fronts and blank backs get released into the hobby and those aren't that rare, however I have never seen a serial numbered card with a blank front, because this was when card manufacturers started taking quality control seriously....

So as football fans and football collectors, what are your thoughts on this card?

As you can clearly see below the card is embossed on the front with the name, logo, position and design.

And here is what the full front of the card looks like however you can still see the embossing.

Now usually I wouldn't be as curious as I am about a blank front or blank back card because they leak out on occasion, I have a few Topps blank front and blank back cards - no big deal - however a blank front serial numbered card really blows my mind, just do to the fact they serial numbered cards for a reason and this card comes from an era where quality control was taken seriously and these card companies were making cards for collectors - not for kids to stick in their tire spokes, lol..

I know this card would only really appeal to a limited amount of collectors, but I have a couple of questions... Have any of you ever come across a blank front or back serial numbered card and secondly - what is it worth? I's serial numbered 1677/5000 (which for that era 5000 isn't that high considering they were still mass-producing this stuff) however at least in my opinion this card is a 1/1 - only because I have never seen a completely blank serial numbered card or even read about one. Sure I have seen "miss stamps" where the card was serial numbered but the foil didn't stick - but this is different.

Also, if anyone is interested in the card, Brunell fans or error collectors - I would be willing to trade or sell it.....

Either way I would appreciate any input anyone has on this card, or if any collector has anything similar to this card regardless of the sport.

Thanks,

- Nick

SCF Rewards
    Country

You are in luck as there is a massive Mark Brunell player collector. He would be interested in the card and whatever the value is of it he could tell you. He is on here but I don't know how active he is. Maybe somebody else knows his facebook or whatever and can get you in contact with him.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See knightfam5's Items on eBay

Pretty sure the Brunell collector is

jaderock

Not sure how much he is on here though

SCF Rewards
    Country

Pretty sure the Brunell collector is

jaderock

Not sure how much he is on here though

Thanks for the heads up man..... I'll send him a PM and see if he's the right user, if not I will just search the site for users looking for Brunell cards and will probably find him that way if he isn't the user.

Yea, I thought it was an interesting card and there are some Brunell collectors or error card collectors that would find that card fascinating, lol..... I'm a hockey card collector so the Brunell card really doesn't fit into my collection and figured someone else would appreciate it more than me...

But thanks for the heads up tho, I really appreciate it.

- Nick

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bears TCU Horned Frogs

I think your giving the card manufacturers too much credit with their quality control. 1905, 1995, 2005, 2015 and prob even in 2025 I’d never be surprised at what I see with cards and the lack of QC with what’s gets made and ends up on the market.

Now yes there is a collector out there but I don’t think your sitting on a card that’s going to make ya rich. If it was my PC guy I’d be willing to pay up to $10 and if I got it, great, and if we couldn’t make a deal in that ball park I’d have no problem walking away. Again only my personal thoughts and two cents on the subject.

I do enjoy and buy error cards (Only of my PC) and all kinds of odd ball stuff. But I personally never look at them as absolute must haves to complete my PC. They are more of a “check out this dumb @$$ mistake someone made” kind of thing and I get a good laugh.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think your giving the card manufacturers too much credit with their quality control. 1905, 1995, 2005, 2015 and prob even in 2025 I’d never be surprised at what I see with cards and the lack of QC with what’s gets made and ends up on the market.

Now yes there is a collector out there but I don’t think your sitting on a card that’s going to make ya rich. If it was my PC guy I’d be willing to pay up to $10 and if I got it, great, and if we couldn’t make a deal in that ball park I’d have no problem walking away. Again only my personal thoughts and two cents on the subject.

I do enjoy and buy error cards (Only of my PC) and all kinds of odd ball stuff. But I personally never look at them as absolute must haves to complete my PC. They are more of a “check out this dumb @$$ mistake someone made” kind of thing and I get a good laugh.

Hey, I collect hockey and have literally (no joke) 1,000,000 cards and lots of high-end stuff and if someone offered me $10 for the card I would take it... I just thought the card was fascinating because it's a serial numbered card embossed with a blank front - it's just not something you see everyday that's all..... I thought it was unusual that a "blank front card" made it past quality control considering it's essentially like an elephant sitting on a couch, lol.... Oh and Brunell was a decent QB as well - he went to the Super Bowl so... At least it's not an unknown player.... I just figured this card belongs in a football card collection not my hockey er very small football collection. I mean it's a weird error/oddball serial numbered card that only a football collector could appreciate or want to have their collection... So if you're offering $10 I would take it, if you think it's worth $10 then it's worth $10 bucks, lol... I came to the football sub-forum to get some insight and I appreciate your insight because like I said I do hockey.....

Now, if it was a hockey card it would absolutely be part of my personal collection - especially if it was a serial numbered SPGU or SPA blank front jersey or patch card..That would be sweet.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bears TCU Horned Frogs

Oh it’s definitely an interesting card no doubt. If it was Mike Singletary’s I would be sending you $10.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Oh it’s definitely an interesting card no doubt. If it was Mike Singletary’s I would be sending you $10.

I don't even know if I would sell it for $10.... I think I'm going to post it in the FS sub-folder and see what happens, lol...

I do have a small football collection that's worth a little bit, here are a few:

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

I sent a PM on Beckett over to Jaderock

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jaderock's Items on eBay

Thanks JP
    --
    Savard - nice card - anything in the $25-30 price range in my ebay store that you would trade for? or $13 PayPal with bubble mailer.

Let me know via pm or at [email protected] (fast way to find me) ... thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast