Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Chats ????

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

Chats ????

why all of a sudden am i getting , at the bottom right hand corner of this forum, a blue "chat" option. and how do i get rid of it
    any ideas?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I was wondering the same thing as sometimes it gets quite annoying when it starts populating with the names of people I don't even know who are apparently available to chat.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

It's a new feature that has been instituted for the site - we've had a lot of members over the course of time express an interest in having a function like this to cut down on lag times in between PM's. Allowing members to talk in real-time (a la Facebook) enhances the site experience and hopefully allows people to connect.

I do agree that the occasional pop-ups with numerous "guest" accounts, etc. is something that can be a little annoying. Click on the ... on the chat tab, scroll down to Popup Notifications and you can disable the pop-ups. Easy peasy.

Have fun!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

New feature

SCF Rewards
    Country

why all of a sudden am i getting , at the bottom right hand corner of this forum, a blue "chat" option. and how do i get rid of it
    any ideas?

What's a matter, never used a chat before? lol... J/K.... Yea, I can see how it can get or be annoying...

It's actually a pretty cool and useful feature, I've already had several interesting conversations with other collectors from different sports..... I really like the direction this site is headed. And TBH would LOVE to invest in it, because there is a lot of potential here... With a tweak here and there this could be THEE "facebook" of the card collecting world - or hobby world in general...

Just click the blue bar, click the three dots on the left, then click the "invisible" box, and then unclick "notifications" and you should be fine...

SCF Rewards
    Country

It's a new feature that has been instituted for the site - we've had a lot of members over the course of time express an interest in having a function like this to cut down on lag times in between PM's. Allowing members to talk in real-time (a la Facebook) enhances the site experience and hopefully allows people to connect.

I do agree that the occasional pop-ups with numerous "guest" accounts, etc. is something that can be a little annoying. Click on the ... on the chat tab, scroll down to Popup Notifications and you can disable the pop-ups. Easy peasy.

Have fun!

IMO, I really enjoy the feature - it makes buys, sales and trades really easy - not only that but just shooting the crap about cards in real time is fun too.

The only "complaint" I have are the numerous "guest" popups because the majority of the popups are "guest".. IMO, the chat feature should be only available to registered users, and perhaps if you want to get really detailed or allow users to personalize their chat - there should be a popup option for users who only collect the same sport(s)....

That's just my .02 cents.... But I absolutely approve of the chat....

SCF Owner

SCF Rewards
    Country

IMO, I really enjoy the feature - it makes buys, sales and trades really easy - not only that but just shooting the crap about cards in real time is fun too.

The only "complaint" I have are the numerous "guest" popups because the majority of the popups are "guest".. IMO, the chat feature should be only available to registered users, and perhaps if you want to get really detailed or allow users to personalize their chat - there should be a popup option for users who only collect the same sport(s)....

That's just my .02 cents.... But I absolutely approve of the chat....

Its still a work in progress. I'm working with the company that developed it and tweaking it as we go. The real chat room will be installed on its own page, where it will a full page, rather than the small box on the bottom right. Hoping to get it to where guest are not logged and guest won't be able to post in it(well in the may chatrooms, but hoping to have a guest only chat for issues or questions they may have with the forum/site). I think it has alot of potential to really get more members here and keep them here.

New Member Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See manthis02's Items on eBay

LOVE IT

:)

and
    yes the guests names
    is bad

but more better than bad

:)
    my new flicker

Hidden Content

- ( IN ROCK WE TRUST )= (ITS ROCK or BUST)-

SCF Rewards
    Country

Its still a work in progress. I'm working with the company that developed it and tweaking it as we go. The real chat room will be installed on its own page, where it will a full page, rather than the small box on the bottom right. Hoping to get it to where guest are not logged and guest won't be able to post in it(well in the may chatrooms, but hoping to have a guest only chat for issues or questions they may have with the forum/site). I think it has alot of potential to really get more members here and keep them here.

I totally agree man, either way I love the chat tho - I just wish it could be "customized" to the users collecting preference.. I mean I really don't need to know who's logging in or off every 2 seconds, lol... I wish I could just click a box on certain users I correspond with , and then I get a notification if they're online or offline.... Another idea I have is it would be cool if the chat would make user recommendations based on what sports you collect - or even recommendations based on what sports a user doesn't collect but happens to have cards of that sport and said user wants to get rid of them... Kinda like a "for sale or trade, football etc" box you click if you're interested in getting rid of a particular sport and the chat could match you up with someone likely interested in the sports cards you want to dump.

The only minor complaint I have about the chat tho, when I'm chatting with a user there is this "black box" with an arrow pointing down that says something like "new post below" or something that goes away on it's own.... It appears to be more of a bug in the programming/system than anything else.... But it would be great if we could make that box disappeared, lol....

Either way, I understand it's a work in progress and eventually the chat will be what of the better features of the site...

One last thing: I like the fact you're trying to turn this into the "facebook of sports card collecting or collecting in general", however I really-really-really hope it stays that way, because I come here because I love sports, sports cards, I love to talk sports and sports cards in general and I come and post here to get away from all the strife going on in this world - so I can have a few hours of enjoyment - so I hope that never changes... I suppose my point is please don't introduce anything that has to do with anything beyond sports and collecting in general, please don't introduce any sort of subforum that will divide us due to current evens or politics because it really is a breath of fresh air just being able to correspond and have discussions with people on our hobbies...

Anyway that's my .02 cents again, lol..

- Nick

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I like this new feature on this site. Very easy to use!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content