Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Getting a card graded?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Dallas Cowboys

Getting a card graded?

headed? Have a few cards I'd like to get graded... psa or Beckett? What does it cost per card? Never done this before. Thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

I woulld check both websites and see which one fits best for you thay also list costs

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys
    See krunchtyme's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

@Mussin

Beckett vs PSA

You are right in my lane. I personally prefer PSA, but there is no special reason other than I started with them and have stayed with them. Some people like seeing the Beckett sub scores on the front (although I think they stopped that recently) and some people just like the case better. Both cases seem to stack well,so that isn;t an issue. PSA seems to be more available on the market, but again, maybe I just look for them more. Either way, only you can decide which one or both, you feel like collecting.

Submitting cards to PSA can be a hassle and is definitely expensive. Camsue hit the nail on the head, you should do research on each website and look at the submission guidelines, prices, etc. @JoshMets submits to both and could chine in with his opinion as well.

Costs vary, but right now on average it's about $10 per card at PSA. They have quarterly specials for various things so it can be slightly cheaper. Of course the $10 does not include postage there or return postage, or the right supplies required to send in the cards.

Prior to sending a card in, I look at each card under a large microscope. I still get 9's and even lower occasionally. I do get a lot of 10's as well though. Some the only PSA 10's in the Cowboys registry. I have seen guys send in what they considered "mint" and gotten 5's and 6's back.

I own some Beckett graded cards, but I feel the PSA graded cards are more easily found on the market. Again, no proof, just personal opinion and experience. Also, If you are a scattered collector like me and any graded Cowboy is ok, I would stay with buying them on the secondary market (eBay, Here, COMC.com, 4sharpcorners, collectors corner - a PSA forum). I have bought PSA 10 Cowboys as low as $3.43 on 4sharpcorners.com. If you collect something specific, like a certain player, year, etc, well depending on the grades you want it may be better to do it yourself. If you have a 72 Staubach that you think is in great shape, send it in and for $10 grading fee you may get a few hundred dollars if you sold that card as a PSA 8 than if you sold it raw.. Of course if you collect Emmitt Smith and you send in a 1997 Collector's Choice base issue and don't get a PSA 10, then you may have been better served to find one on the secondary market.

Like anything, if you look for it, you will find it, the question is...how much do you want to pay. Feel free to contact me any time with questions.

I also collect graded Cowboy cards. You can see my graded Cowboys here: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregist...stry/dashboard

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I have graded cards from both PSA and Beckett. However when send my own cards in for grading I always use PSA. There seems to be more group submissions for PSA than there are for beckett.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

A bit late probably but I was on indiegogo today and found this. Think it's worth a look for everyone. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/e...p/x/23789338#/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bears TCU Horned Frogs

A bit late probably but I was on indiegogo today and found this. Think it's worth a look for everyone. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/e...p/x/23789338#/

sounds like a really neat and potentially useful tool. Unfortunately don’t look like they are getting much support. Only 7 out of the 600 available spots are taken. I would like to jump on this but I can’t really see this actually taking off and happening. Hope I am wrong.