Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Win a Box of Upper Deck Cards with Hockey Central

Every weekday during Hockey Central, you can WIN a new box of hockey cards from Upper Deck!

The hosts will have a “card of the day” and give clues throughout the hour as to which famous athlete is on the card they’re holding.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/590/590-con...ockey-central/

SCF Rewards
    Country

" Open to residents of Ontario over the age of 18"

Eee, I wanted to participate, it sounds fun - unfortunately (for several reasons) I'm from Chicago.

I wonder if I contact them they would make an exception, if I did win and agreed to pay the shipping cost or split shipping costs with them?

Because I'm pretty good at stuff like this. I enjoy watching breaks on youtube and when they break a pack I know the players they pull even before they say the name, lol.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

That would have been fun

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

Eee, I wanted to participate, it sounds fun - unfortunately (for several reasons) I'm from Chicago.

I wonder if I contact them they would make an exception, if I did win and agreed to pay the shipping cost or split shipping costs with them?

Because I'm pretty good at stuff like this. I enjoy watching breaks on youtube and when they break a pack I know the players they pull even before they say the name, lol.

I really don't think they will.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Nope. They're bound by provincial gaming/contest rules. If they can't even open it up to the rest of Canada, they won't do it for you and put their regulation status on the line.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Great opportunity, glad Sportsnet is doing this! I hope some younger kids can win something.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nope. They're bound by provincial gaming/contest rules. If they can't even open it up to the rest of Canada, they won't do it for you and put their regulation status on the line.

Sucks to be me then I suppose, lol.

Man, these gaming rules are bunk... If someone wants to give something away via contest it should be open to everyone and anyone that wants to participate..... These contest or gaming rules serve no purpose whatsoever.

A little OT but in the same vein - but is gambling legal in Canada?

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Sucks to be me then I suppose, lol.

Man, these gaming rules are bunk... If someone wants to give something away via contest it should be open to everyone and anyone that wants to participate..... These contest or gaming rules serve no purpose whatsoever.

A little OT but in the same vein - but is gambling legal in Canada?

As someone who often works very closely with the BC Gaming branch, they absolutely do serve a purpose. It's a regulatory body to ensure people aren't getting scammed, that organizations are using funds raised via legal gambling for the purpose they state to the public, etc. There's rules in place also to protect kids from getting addicted to gambling as well as giving out their personal information. Many, many good reasons exist for gambling bodies.

SCF Rewards
    Country

As someone who often works very closely with the BC Gaming branch, they absolutely do serve a purpose. It's a regulatory body to ensure people aren't getting scammed, that organizations are using funds raised via legal gambling for the purpose they state to the public, etc. There's rules in place also to protect kids from getting addicted to gambling as well as giving out their personal information. Many, many good reasons exist for gambling bodies.

Oh, I understand there are rules and regulations in place for a purpose, however do contests where no money is exchanged really need to fall under those rules and regulations?..... I mean you cant get ripped off in a contest if it's free to enter... I mean I would totally understand if it was some raffle or something where you had to buy tickets or something - but this is just a free contest in which anyone (at least those in Ontario over the age of 18, lol) can participate... And IMO, there will be kids under 18 participating in this contest and if they win their parents will just redeem their box of cards for them.. IMO, just as long as the entity running this contest can prove they gave the cards to the winners - that's all that really matters..

Also, wouldn't "group breaks" fall under the jurisdiction of the Canadian gambling and gaming board?.... I mean if you think about it a "group break" is essentially gambling.... But I suppose these gambling and gaming rules really only apply to companies or corporations. While a "group break" is really no different than a few people gambling with each other playing blackjack or any sort of game in general....

A little OT, but it's still interesting. Here in the states people occasionally raffle their houses (among other things) off and charge like $100.00 for a ticket, but I've never heard of a gambling or gaming board getting involved in situations like that. Obviously this is the United States so we probably have different rules and regulations, and like I pointed out gaming and gambling regulations probably only apply to corporations or companies..

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Groups breaks are decidedly outside the law.