Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Found 8 1990 Topps Blackless Cards--Advise Needed

So I was cleaning out a closet to make room for some new cards and ran across an old shoe box with a bunch of "junk wax" inside. I found a card that look to have the same misprint as the Frank Thomas NNOF. I immediately looked it up and discovered there is interest in these cards. I decided to fetch them out of the trashcan and see what the value is. I listed one on eBay and the offers started flowing in. I don't know how serious one dealer is but I was offered $5000 each for the Fisk and Tapani. I was also offered $4000 for the Morris. I don't know if this is a scammer or a legit offer. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find any prior sale info on any of them. Another buyer told me they were worth $750 each. I don't know who to believe. A local guy told me to get them graded and send them off to a high end card auction house as all my cards are super rare. Any info or advise would be greatly appreciated. I pulled these from rack packs I bought as a teenager in Yokota, Japan.

BTW I found 2 Morris cards and one is for sale on eBay to finance the grading should I go that route.

Last edited by HalfNipponese; 07-13-2020 at 10:59 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Navy
    Minnesota Twins
    Instagram:

Some of them can go for thousands, but that is normally in nicely graded ones.

keep in mind though, a PSA 8 of the Thomas is $7,000 so I would expect those in that group to be significantly less than that based on their condition, and not being the most coveted error.

Just my opinion, but cool cards that do carry a premium.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks. I figured it’s probably a third to half of a Thomas. The crazy offer guy ghosted me so he was probably just pulling my chain.

Grading seems to be the way to go. I’m probably going to hang on to most of them as the values seem to be skyrocketing. I’m actually up to 10 cards now. I found another Morris and a McGriff.
    Last edited by HalfNipponese; 07-15-2020 at 12:31 AM.