Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    New York Giants
    Twitter: @@amazingrandy1 See erimengde0's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale My traders on Flickr

Player Super Collector Req Question

Hello,

I am contemplating pursuing my Super Collector for a player/s. One question I had was,do the cards need to be during their playing years, or any year? I want to do someone from the early 1980's, and they did not have many rookie cards, auto cards, and no jsy/patch cards. Any assistance would be great.

Thanks,
    Erik

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bears TCU Horned Frogs

If you look above in the sticky section the rules are all there and fairly clear.

I am kinda sort of in the same boat as you in that my guy played in the 80’s & early 90’s and only has one rookie card but has had way more cards made of him after he retired than during his playing years. They are still making about 200 new cards of him every year and they are all chase/insert or limited cards.

To answer your questions to the best of my ability and my interpretation of the requirements (full disclosure: I don’t have Super Collectors status [yet] or anything to do with the decision of who gets it)

The numbers are for any and all years included. If your guy played in the ‘80’s and never had a card made after 1990, lucky for you, you will have an easy ticket punch to the Super Collector. But your percentage will have to be high and/or 100% of those cards. If he only had one rookie card that’s all you need or can have. Same goes with auto, serial numbered and GU cards. You can only collect what was made. Not your fault they don’t exist.

Now my personal opinion on the subject (which I realize wasn’t asked for). I don’t think Super Collector (SC) should be awarded if it’s of a “average player” who only has less than or around 50-100 cards made and they are all common base cards that where mass produced. Not much of a challenge there. Maybe we need another category for that? That said.... some of my favorite posts to read on this forum are about the journey to SC status and the numbers and stories behind it all.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Below is the official rule of the exemption that it sounds like your collection would fall under.

#2- Too Few Cards Produced Exception. If the player you collect has been in the league for at least 5 years but had received little hobby attention and has less than the 200 cards, but more than 50, you may apply but your percentages will have to follow these guidelines: 95% for players with 51-100 cards, 90% for players with 101-199 cards

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    New York Giants
    Twitter: @@amazingrandy1 See erimengde0's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale My traders on Flickr

FireRob,
    Thanks for replying. I had a feeling that it would pertain to all years of manufacture. Unfortunately for me, im looking at 3K and 11K cards for both my guys. Thats nuts!!

Thanks,
    Erik

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ahh that’s the exact opposite of an easy ticket punch. More and more like the guy I am collecting and wanting to get Super Collector with (Mike Singletary). In 2019 he had more cards made that year alone than he did the entire 12 years he played.

SCF Rewards
    Country

This is the exemption that falls under your collection. I miss understood what you originally meant when you described what you wanted to know.

#1- Too Many Cards Produced Exception. If the player you collect has entirely too many cards produced of him, we will consider an exception. If you own 2,000+ cards of a specific player, no more then 80% cannot be base/insert, you can apply through this exception. Therefore you need at least 400 Auto, GU/Memorabilia, Rookie, 1/1. Provide info.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    New York Giants

Eli Manning has 11K cards. I think I can qualify for this.... At least I hope. LT has about 3K, may be more realistic.