Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Question on selling boxes and finding right target price

Hey all.....I understand book value on singles but how do you best go determining value on sealed boxes? I've searched on eBay for target prices but the range can very between several thousand dollars. I was at a local card shop and asked their thoughts and they said the same thing - you can hope with eBay to get a range or you can try an auction house if your boxes are a hot item. I have several 2003-2004 sealed Upper Deck basketball boxes and I'm just trying to understand a proper value for each. Would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions. Thanks

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Zach,
    Let me ask you a question based on this:

I've searched on eBay for target prices but the range can very between several thousand dollars

Can you tell me exactly what UD basketball product you have as there is probably not a range of several thousand dollars like your saying. My example is this:

Are you looking at sold values and not what people are asking. Just asking as that could be a reason that prices vary as people like to dream of getting crazy BIN's etc.

Have anything else feel free to ask and hope you enjoy the site.

DON

@Pzough
    Last edited by doniceage; 07-28-2020 at 08:34 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thank you for the reply Don. I have the following in 2003-2004 factory sealed boxes: 2 X SP Authentic, 2 Black Diamond, 2 Triple Dimensions, 1 Legends and 1 SPx.

The SP Authentic shows that in the last 45 days the selling prices were earlier $2,700 and recently in the $4,500 range. Like you said, the dream asking prices range from $8-20K.

I really appreciate the help. I'm just trying to get a better grasp understanding the box values.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

No problem. The thing is your sitting on a good amount of dough. Best of luck in moving them and getting the amount you want.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks again Don. If it were up to my youngest, we would open them all up and go for those Lebrons! Ha ha

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks again Don. If it were up to my youngest, we would open them all up and go for those Lebrons! Ha ha

You can not blame him. ‘No guts No Glory!”

Don
    Last edited by doniceage; 07-30-2020 at 05:46 PM.